Question about Riccar 8955 Upright Vacuum
If the belt is stretched, then it can't turn the brush rol under load, if you haven't chenged it in the last 6 months, then I would put a new one one. Also check the dirt inlet by the brush roll for a blockage.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
CARPETS OR HARD FLOORS
• The brush bar will always default to 'ON' (spinning) each time you switch the
appliance 'ON' and recline it for cleaning.
• The brush bar will not rotate when the appliance is upright.
• To switch the brush bar 'OFF' (e.g. for delicate rugs and hard floors):
- switch the appliance 'ON'
- recline the appliance
- press the brush bar 'ON/OFF' button - the brush bar will stop spinning.
• The brush bar will automatically stop if it becomes obstructed. See 'Brush bar -
• Before vacuuming your flooring, rugs and carpets, check the manufacturer's
recommended cleaning instructions.
• Some carpets may fuzz if a rotating brush bar is used when vacuuming. If this
happens, we recommend vacuuming in 'hard floor' mode and consulting with
the flooring manufacturer.
• The brush bar on the appliance may damage some carpet types. If you are
unsure, turn 'OFF' the brush bar.
Dec 31, 2014 | Dyson Bagless Upright Vacuum DC41 Animal
Aug 01, 2014 | Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away...
Apr 04, 2014 | Kirby Vacuums
Dec 11, 2013 | Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum
May 01, 2011 | Hoover Tempo Widepath Upright Vacuum -...
Jan 16, 2011 | Hoover Vacuums
Jun 10, 2010 | Dirt Devil Reaction Twin Cyclone Upright...
May 18, 2010 | Eureka Smartvac 4870 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Jan 12, 2009 | Hoover S2220 Flair Bagless Upright Vacuum
Jan 03, 2009 | Hoover U8171-900 / U8172-900 / U8173-900 /...
240 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!