Question about HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I have a HP 6110 All in One Officejet and it will not receive or send faxes. I have a seperate phone numer for the fax and my home phone but they are on the same phone line. I called the phone company and they told me to change my fax line to double rings pattern for it to answer to. But I am having trouble receiving the faxes because I also have a answering machine on a AT&T phone and it may be messing up my fax line. I tried to change the number of rings it pick up to 2,4, and 8 and it still will not pick up a fax and send it thru. I also have DSL on my computer and this is connected also with a router. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My e-mail address is email@example.com Thank You RJK
it seems like you have lots of services on your line. here are the things that i want you to follow to somehow resolve the issue.
1. Press the setup button on your printer, then use the arrow down button to scroll down and go to ADVANCE FAX SETUP.
2. Press okay on Advance fax setup, then it will give you options.
3. The first option is DISTINCTIVE RINGS, press okay on that.
4. It will give you first option "DISTINCTIVE RING", scroll down and look for "answer on double rings" then press okay. then try letting someone send you a fax.
Note: make sure that your answering machine is using your home telephone line so that it wont affect the faxing functionality.
1. if the issue still not resolve, try to press setup, then go to TOOLS.
2. press okay on TOOLS and it will give you options, scroll down using the arrow down button and look for RUN FAX TEST.
3. Check the result of the test if everything passed!
Let me know if the issue still not resolve so that i can go ahead and give you additional steps.
thank you so much.
Posted on Jul 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2013 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 06, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 17, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
May 22, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 19, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 01, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 09, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 07, 2007 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
707 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: