F01 error code
I've fixed Indesit WITE 107 F-01 failure error!
We have the washer like 3 years and the F-01 error kept showing irregularly since one year ago - just after the warranty expiration. Usually unpluging the washer from the power supply solved the problem, sometimes immediately, but mostly overnight. When we moved from flat to country house, the problems frequency slightly increased. Till last couple of days it was still bearable. But in the recent days the error didn't even show up, and the motor was not turning at all. Just the pump was pumping the water in and out, so the program got hanging somewhere. So resolution became necessary. I've contacted tow servicemen yesterday, but none of them answered yet - well it's weekend. But as usually, when you ask for help, you'd find it on your own right after. So I decided to look at it myself.
- unplugged the washer power supply, closed the water
- unscrewed two screws that hold the control panel
- removed the panel - you need the lid to be semi-opened
- (re-conected all connectors to fix any possible oxidation or unpluging - then tried the washer, but problem persisted)
- unscrewed all screws that hold the side cover - only the right one had actually been necessary (when standing in front of the washer)
- unscrewed all four screws hidden under the bottom cover in the front of the washer that hides also the filter (those still hold the side cover)
- unscrewed two more screws at the top back of the washer - they hold the circuit board to the washer body - it needs to be loose
- by pulling the top side of the washer up by the lid and pushing the side cover away "to the back" (with a screwdriver), see how the side cover is held by the top, remove the side cover
- observed the motor and immediately saw heavy corrosion at the ground connection (yellow-green wire) at the motor board and possible slight oxidation at one other connetion of the black wire
- using sand paper and screwdriver I've cleaned the contact together with the connector and tried the washer - still no effect
- cleaned the black wire connection with the same way
- tried the washer (spinning program) and - voila! It works!
- tried unplugging the black wire and running the spinning program - both the motor AND the pump didn't start
So, it looks to me that the problem was in an oxidation of the black wire connection - that is apparently a power supply for both the pump and the motor, that caused insufficient voltage and thus a power for the motor but probably still enough for the pump. The randomness of the problem was probably caused by humidity in the room and maybe some more factors - the washer is actually opened from the bottom so when I test the washer more times and see this as a solution, I'll probably cover the connetors with silicon to avoid corrosion or oxidation in the future.
Here are also some tips for putting all together:
When removing the side cover something fell from it inside. It was a plastic lath that is placed on the nearer edge of the cover and fits both onto the edge of the cover and the adjacent edge of the washer. It's a bit tricky to put it all back plus there is a plastic piece at the bottom of the side cover that is fixed there also very loosely and keeps falling inside when srewing the filter side screws - but this can be fixed with pliers adjusting the edge of the side cover to make the plastic to fit there tightly
So if you are a bit handsome, try this before calling the service. It might help. And also you'll know your washer a bit more.
Jun 03, 2009 |
Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer