Question about Kenmore Elite HE5t Washer
This is what done.
1. Unplug the washer
2. Take of the toe panel in the front by removing the three screws.
3. Get a bunch of towels (I mean a bunch!!!)
4. The pump is in the center, and it has a plastic grip handle that one can unscrew to remove the filter. As you unscrew it, LOTS of water will come out. Be ready with the towels. A cookie sheet helps to collect the water too.
5. Clean the filter assembly.
6. If one wishes to check the inlet of the pump, remove the back panel, about 12 screws. (Note, the following works for replace the pump as well)
7. Remove the large bellow from the bottom of the tub that goets to inlet of the pump by removing the clamp
9. Lift up on the plastic cover that covers the wires that power the pump. There may be a small plastic catch that is lifted up as to allow the connector to become free.
8. Remove the Torx screw that holds that is the center just under the filter screen.
9. Pull the pump forward.
10. Unclamp the pump outlet hose.
11. Remove pump
12. Unclamp the large bellow on the pumps inlet and inspect for debris.
13. Clean pump and fitler w/o getting water on the pump.
14. Install in reverse order. Remember, it is much easire to put the inlet bellow and outlet hose on the pump before you put into the washer
Posted on Oct 10, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 19, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Apr 06, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Feb 06, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Oct 06, 2009 | Kenmore 15864/15862 Top Load Washer
Mar 01, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Feb 18, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Feb 06, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 20, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: