Question about Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
Igniter comes on but does not ignite. Dryer wont heat. Is it most likely the t-stat? Also, where is the t-stat located? the unit is approx. 6 years old.
You have a Hi-Limit t'stat located at 12 o'clock on the flame shroud. A safety fuse is also located on the flame shroud at 1 o'clock. The flame sensor is located at 9 o'clock on the flame shroud. The Hi-Limit can be temporarily bypasses for a quick check, as well as the fuse, but do 1 at a time. Be sure to unplug the dryer before testing.
If that doesn't help, let me know if you need more assistance.
Dave E. (Illeagle)
Posted on May 31, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1. Inspect the fuses and circuit breakers they may have burned out or tripped. Usually, dryer will still tumble but not create heat if a fuse or a circuit breaker is not working.
2. Check for the continuity of the heating element in your gas dryer using a multimeter. Replace the element if continuity is not there.
3. Inspect the thermal fuse if it is burnt out, it is attached to the exhaust duct on the back panel of the gas dryer. Replace if necessary.
4. Check the igniter by first disconnecting it, and then place the probes onto the two contacts of the igniter. The meter should read under 100 Ohms of resistance, if it is above 100 then replace the igniter.
5. Check the continuity on the flame sensor. The sensors are usually located close by the igniter so are easily visible.
Hope this helps...
Sep 20, 2010 | Maytag Neptune MDG5500AW Gas Dryer
Sep 09, 2010 | Maytag Dryers
Aug 26, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MDG5500AW Gas Dryer
Jun 18, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MDG5500AW Gas Dryer
Apr 18, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MDG5500AW Gas Dryer
Mar 02, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MDG5500AW Gas Dryer
Sep 12, 2008 | Dryers
Aug 27, 2014 | Maytag Neptune MDE5500AY Electric Dryer
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: