Question about Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
I've just bought a Creative zen 16gb mp3 player. When i went to install the software it went thru all the steps and it said everything was installed at the end. Had to restart my computer etc for the effects to take place, however when the computer starts again and i go to connect the mp3 player it keeps saying it is not connected. When i've gone on media players to try and put some songs on it, it says "please attach player" or "no devices connected", but when i first connect the player it says "new hardware found". I go to install it on the menu that automatically pops up but it says it cant install...sorry for being long winded but its frustrating!!
SOURCE: creative zen
After three months of trying and trying in many computers, following many, many procedures found all over the Internet, my Creative Nomad has accepted the firmware and has borned again.
What I did?
1. Connected the Nomad on a computer with Windows XP and Windows Media Player 9, that never has been touched by a creaive device.
It recognizes the device but can´t find any update to the drivers,
2. Updated Windows Media Player 9 to Windows Media Player 10,
3. Restart the computer
4. Connect the Nomad and the computer recognizes the device and autamtically search and found updated MPT drivers.
5. Run the firmware update program "ZenXtraP4SAudible_PCFW_LB_2_10_03 (Creative Zen Xtra PlaysForSure Firmware 2.10.03)"
6. Finally the magic button always has been disabled was enabled so start reloading firmware.
And now the Nomad is working in windows vista.
The difference between the computer where the firmware works and the others is that this has never had media player 10 or 11 and never has installed creative drivers.
Hope this can be useful to smoeone, somewhere, sometime.....
Posted on May 20, 2008
You must give it the firmware upgrade from support.creative.com, or it will not be able to get out of this mode. Support.creative.com
Try another PC or another USB port
Make sure the hold/lock is not engaged
Check for firmware update on Creative's website
Get Recovery Tool from Creative
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off, hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
If all else fails, check with this guy:
Creative Zen – Formatting
Step by step instructions for formatting a player
1. Detach the player from the PC if it is connected, and turn off the player.
2. Press and hold the Play button while powering on the player.
3. When the player displays the Creative logo, release the Play button
4. Select Format (All) and select Yes to format the player.
5. After the player has finished formatting, select Reboot.
6. Re-transfer the tracks to the player.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2011 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
Mar 30, 2009 | Creative Labs Zen V MP3 Player
Sep 14, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Digital Media Player
Jul 25, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen V MP3 Player
Jul 12, 2008 | Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra MP3...
Jul 08, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
613 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: