Whenever I try to use the camera it say could not start camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again. Problem is there are no applications open that I know of. Anyone know how to fix.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Blackberry Pearl camera will not start
Do a reset on the phone take out the batery and put it back in, if you have already doen that and it doesnt work still i would reset the settings byy goign into security options in your settigns tab and to reset settings to factory settings. but put all your pics, rigntones and contacts saved on your computer first. do you have a memory card? if you get one this could fix the issue as well
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi it is because the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphone cannot initialize the BlackBerry Device Software or there is a corrupt operating system file. To resolve this issue, reload the BlackBerry Device Software on the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphone.
To perform an installation of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 4.5 to 5.0, perform the following steps: 1) Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
2) Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
3) Double-click Application Loader.
4) Click Start under Update Software to start the installation process.
5) Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
6) Select Options under Device Software Options.
7) Select the check boxes next to the names of the applications to be loaded, and then click Next.
8) Click OK > Next > Finish.
9) When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. 10) Click Close to return to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. I hope this information will be helpful to you.
Can happen if switching applications from the blackberry key menus - leaves a trail of applications open in memory. Can try shutting down and re-booting the phone (most thorough way is to take out battery when it's off and put it in again after a minute), then try the camera before you use anything else. Does that help?
are you actually going to the menu button and selecting close on each screen or just hitting end or the return button to get to the home screen? If you don't actually select close in the menu screen some progams remain open. go into all applications when there press the menu key and scroll down to close this should help
I have had this problem for about 8 months. I have tried everything and nothing works. I accidently found out a fix:
It appears the problem of my Pearl was the bad connection of the camera. When I start the camera, if I squeeze the phone body hard around camera area to make a better connection, the camera works right away. This works for me 100%. I hope you have the same luck.