Question about Maytag MER6872 Gemini Electric Kitchen Range
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
WHEN THE SURFACE SWITCHES ARE IN A ROW ON THE CONSOLE, THEY ARE USUALLY WIRED IN PARALLEL FOR THE INPUT VOLTAGES(RED AND BLACK WIRES ATTACHED TO EACH OTHER). IF THERE IS A BURN OUT OF ONE OF THE WIRES, IT WILL AFFECT THE OTHER SWITCH INPUTS DOWN THE LINE.
TAKE OFF THE BACK PANEL OF THE CONSOLE AFTER UNPLUGGING IT AND CHECK FOR VISIBLE SIGNS OF WIRES BURNT. REPAIR OR REPLACE IF NEEDED. SOMETIMES, THEY WILL DAMAGE THE TERMINAL OF THE SWITCH THEY ARE ATTACHED TO. IF THIS IS THE CASE, THE SWITCH WILL ALSO HAVE TO BE REPLACED.
Posted on Apr 04, 2008
SOURCE: Unlocking Oven controls
According to the manufacturer's website you should only need to Press and hold the "Lock" key for 5 seconds. A single tone will sound and the "Loc" will disappear off the display.
This is the link to Whilpool's website and to the manual.
Go Ahead. Use Us.
Posted on Apr 07, 2008
We had an ugly spill of hot grease/water from a roast, and lots of it ran right into the vent holes on our oven door, covering various layers of glass and other parts inside the door. Yuck. Thankfully we found this site!
"fixetheoven" was certainly on the right track, but missed a key step that makes this job much, much easier. (Maybe they had a few too many sips of wine during the process?! :-)
Anyway, the key to make the job easy, and do-able by one person, is to pull the door off the hinges before starting to remove any screws! Here's how we did it:
1. Open the door about four inches or so, it will stay in place. Hold the door at the sides and lift it up, sliding it right off of the hinges! Now lay it carefully face up on a table so you have easy access to the screws, and no danger of the glass dropping out of the bottom of the door (as apparently happened to "fixedtheoven".)
2. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on one side of the door. (One screw is halfway up the side panel, the other is on the bottom edge of the door.)
3. Slide the panel off, paying close attention to how it fits into place so you can return it to its original position later!
4. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on the other side of the door, and slide that panel out as well.
5. Remove the three screws that hold the panel across the bottom edge of the door, and remove that panel.
6. Now you can slide the front glass out from under the top edge of the door.
7. Clean the front glass, the side panels, and the bottom panel, as needed.
8. There will be another layer of glass inside the door. If it needs cleaning on the underside, remove the screws from one of the metal brackets that hold the glass in place. You can then slide this piece of glass out from the metal bracket at the other side.
9. After cleaning everything, reassemble the door by reversing the above steps.
10. Lift the door by the sides and carefully slide it back into place on the hinges. Be sure it is properly in place and being held there before you let go!!
11. Now go pour that glass of wine and sip to your heart's content, while admiring how clean your oven door is!
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2015 | Maytag MER5875QAS Electric Kitchen Range
Oct 16, 2015 | Maytag Kitchen Ranges
Aug 06, 2013 | Cooktops
Mar 10, 2010 | Maytag MGR5750 Gas Kitchen Range
Feb 24, 2010 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Nov 01, 2009 | Maytag MGR4452BDW / MGR4452BDQ /...
Mar 11, 2009 | Maytag Admiral LER3330AAW / LER3330AAZ /...
Mar 07, 2009 | Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Aug 23, 2011 | Maytag MER6872 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Mar 01, 2011 | Maytag MER6872 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: