- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check the headset jack. There may be something inside causing a short. also, the CLS has an audio tone out button. Be certain you are not pressing it as you push the PTT button. The PTT is odd on this radio, it is the top BIG rubber button on top FRONT. Many customers get this confused with the tone transmit button.
This problem is typically caused by small component behind the PTT button being cracked or broken. The RDX series radios respond best if the user presses the PTT button in the center versus the top or bottom sections of the button. Once the button becomes hard to press it is best to get the radio repaired. Commonly if the radio remains in use the PTT issue will get worse as the internal PTT component is pressed harder, pushing it further away from the outside button and eventually loosening it from the component board.
1) Be certain the radio is shut off when plugging in the audio device.
2) On most units, press the PTT button to turn off the VOX feature.
3) If you are not planning to use VOX. Turn the VOX feature off. Follow the programming instructions which came with the radio.
I can see where this feature can seem somewhat inconsistent. But if you think of it like a phone ringing, it is easier to understand. Once you have answered the phone, the phone stops ringing. And the person who called you never experiences a ring on their end.
Page 26: VibraCall is a vibrating alert that notifies you that your radio is receiving a message. This is useful in noisy environments. When the alert is on, the radio
vibrates once every 30 seconds when you receive a message on the channel and
code you set.
• To turn vibrating alerts on, press menu until the vibrating radio symbol is displayed, then press the plus (+) button to display the letter Y for Yes.
• To turn vibrating alerts off, press menu until the vibrating radio symbol is displayed, then press the minus (-) button until the minus symbol (-) is displayed.
With the radio turned off, hold in the PTT and the Monitor button at the same time. Continue to hold these in while turning the radio on. Wait for the radio to finish making sounds before releasing the PTT and monitor button. Then simply press the menu button to walk through programming each of the features. When you have reached the end of the user programmable features you will notice the radio has a different chirp to signal you are done. Then simply turn off the radio to leave programming mode.