Question about GE Profile Spectra JBP95 Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Oven light switch shorted out.

After this happened, there was a strong burning smell. We turned off the power to this range. The burning smell resumes each time we turn on power to this range. Took off the back panel and there is a charring around some of the insulation surrounding two electrical connector locations, the two round holds in the middle of the white back panel.

Posted by on

  • Steve262 May 30, 2008

    I meant "two round holes"

×

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

I scheduled a GE technician to make a home visit to replace the failed parts.

Posted on May 31, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My Kenmore propane fueled gas oven gives off a powerful strong smell every time it is started. The burners on top do not. Is there any way I can correct this?


this is because the gas is on full before the oven lights
IT is an explosive situation and should be quickly corrected by an accredited gas fitter
the soot indicates an incorrect burn ratio and that will be the major part of the problem

Jan 08, 2016 | Kenmore Elite 30" Stainless Steel...

1 Answer

My maytag mgr5729adw gas range oven omits a strong gas smell when attempting to preheat. Sometimes it heats sometimes it doesn't but use to get a small boom when igniting. Ignitor still glows oran


see the next steps and proceed with common sense: God bless you
Main Control / Oven Switch
The main control or oven switch may have failed. You will need to identify the wires from the switch/control that lead to the igniter that is clicking. These wires may pass through the spark module and change colors. Refer to the wiring diagram or tech sheet. If you have power leaving the switch/ control when in the off position replace the switch /control. Manual switches can be tested with an ohmeter.

Spark Module / Igniter Module
If your oven igniter keeps clicking the igniter module or spark module is the likely problem. First be sure the igniter is clean and the surrounding contact points are clean. Make sure power is off when cleaning. If the oven keeps clicking after it's cleaned and the oven switch / control checks good replace the spark module.

Jul 26, 2012 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

JVM16331BB005 over the range microwave oven will not heat everything else works ok


That is a sign the magnetron has shorted and is the most expensive part to replace.

Apr 28, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Bought used ge spectra range had to change the power cord to 3 prong to fit outlet--now nothing works except light when turning burners on and clock


Did you hear a "pop" or smell like something was burning? Sounds like old oven could have been 3 phase, and you new oven single phase, Check the power requirements for oven and see what kind of power you are supplying it with.

Mar 30, 2010 | GE Spectra JBP78 Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Smelling gas but not lighting


I've had ignitors fail that way, they don't always just burn into an open circuit. I'd advise replacing it. 

Jan 12, 2009 | Tappan TGF320 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Oven element burning without being turned on


no the element, but the thermostat that turns it on, you see the thermostat works like a light switch on the wall for the house lights, it's what turns it on and off.

Dec 09, 2008 | Hotpoint RGB745 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Smeg Oven electric burning smell


My Smeg cooker worked fine for 5 years. Then I noticed that the fan which stays on after you turn off the oven did not ever turn off, unless you switched the oven off at the fuse box. I think this is a fan that cools the oven down, but some bit of it is now broken because it doesn't realise that the oven has cooled down. It smells funny when you first turn it on, so I don't know if that is an electrical fault smell. Model possibly 70cm A420-5, but could be an earlier model (bought in April 2000). Is double oven with 4 rings on top, 70cm wide.

Mar 15, 2008 | Kitchen Ranges

2 Answers

Burning smell , Microwave not turning off


the control circuit shorted out from the cleaning session and kept the microwave on so long with nothing to cook that it has cooked itself I'm sorry to tell you. Probably not worth repairing

Dec 27, 2007 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burning smell from Microwave


If you clean any appliances always plug out the unit power supply do spray any liquid in the unit that can enter inside the control, instead just wipe it with rug not spray. In this situation you have to call for a qualified technician. Maybe there are some wires that burned or rust in the control that cause the short circuit inside the unit..

Dec 27, 2007 | Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE Profile Spectra JBP95 Electric Kitchen Range Logo

Related Topics:

138 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8205 Answers

Ismael Rodriguez...

Level 2 Expert

162 Answers

 Fix Your Board
Fix Your Board

Level 3 Expert

310 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...