Question about Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: i have a sears kenmore
If the entire agitator is not moving you will have to replace it. If the top is not working properly, you will need the 4 little gears inside the top calle d agitator dogs. The set of four cost about $8.00 and are available at any appliance parts store. To get to the agitator dogs you will remove your fabric softner dispenceer, if you have one. Then pop off the top lid of the agitator. It will have a small spot to insert a screwdriver and pop it off. Then reach down inside the agitator and pull out the next little cover. Be carefull not to loose the seal. Then you will need to unscrew the bolt that you see in the bottom. Once you have done that the agitator will lift off. The top will not pop off the bottom and you will be able to see the four little tear shaped gears called DOGS. I love the name. You should be able to install the new ones fairly easily and then just line the top of tha agitator up with the bottom and push it back down into place. If you look down inside the agitator you will see two little clips that you will need to line up. It is really an easy repair. Let me know if you have any other questions.I hope this will FixYa. Please rate me when you can. Mike
Posted on Sep 24, 2008
SOURCE: Kenmore Washer Won't Drain
yes, check the drain, could be clogged, or check the water pump assembly as well, the clothe could be stuck in the impeller.
the burning smell could be coming from a separate electric water pump and it can not turn that is why it is burning already.
tnx 4 using fixya,
Posted on Oct 07, 2008
SOURCE: washer doesn,t spin
two possibles here, if the drain pump is clogged and therefore the unit will not go into a spin. After pumping, it will error out and just shut off. If the pump is ok, then the motor control unit has failed.
Posted on Oct 28, 2008
How to replace Whirlpool/Kenmore washer
dual action agitator ratchet ‘dogs’, kit # 285770
Tools needed: Screwdriver, 3/8" drive ratchet wrench, 7/16" socket (older models), 3/8" drive to 1/2" adapter (newer models), long 3/8" drive extension, small amt liquid detergent
1) Pry the agitator cap off by inserting a screwdriver into the cap’s notch
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off – most Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator
(Earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
(Recent models use a 1/2" square drive plastic nut – use a 3/8" X 1/2" ratchet adapter)
4) On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire ***’y off.
(Recent models allow just the top portion’s removal to access these ‘dogs’)
5) Older models – place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once the ratchet ***’y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All‘4-dog’versions use the 285770 kit, regardless of the cam ***’y style. (Older agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***’y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***’y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap’s rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap’s o-ring too – makes it easier to snap into place)
9) Reach around and pat yourself on the back! You just saved at least $75.00!
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
If the washer fills up with water and you hear the motor running but the agitator doesn’t move, the agitator coupling is the most likely problem. First pump the water out by turning the timer to spin. Once the water is out, turn the washer off. Now pull up on the agitator until it comes off (it may be hard to pull off). Now that the agitator is off, you can see the agitator coupling, reach down and try to turn the coupling. If the coupling turns freely, it is striped out and needs to be replaced.
Posted on May 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2016 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jan 06, 2010 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Nov 14, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Nov 07, 2009 | Kenmore 24902 Top Load Washer
Aug 13, 2009 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Feb 01, 2009 | Kenmore 24932 Top Load Washer
Nov 21, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Nov 13, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Nov 04, 2007 | Kenmore 94802 Front Load Stacked Washer /...
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!