Hi, please try the following solutions below to resolved that issue:
1. Trash & Reinstall scanner driver. You can go to http://support.epson.com
to download the updated driver for this scanner.
2. Check conflicts on Device manager.
How to get device manager:
a. Right-Clicking on MY COMPUTER
b. Left-click on PROPERTIES.
c. Click on the HARDWARE tab, then DEVICE MANAGER.
In the Device Manager please for the following:
a. Any yellow or red X's, question marks or exclamation marks.
b. Under the Category of Imaging Devices - Check for Epson
If IMAGING DEVICES is listed, test the scanner from PAINT. If IMAGING DEVICES is not listed then the scanner is not being recognized. We would recommend trying another USB port or cable.
To scan in paint:
1. Click on START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > PAINT.
2. Click on FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA.
3. Choose COLOR PHOTO.
It is also possible that Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service is not started.
To start this process please follow the steps listed bellow.
1. Click on Start, go to Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window you will Performance and Maintenance, please left click that option.
3. Next we are looking for Administrative Tools, please left click on that option.
4. We are looking for the Services icon please left on that icon.
5. In the Services window we are going to scroll down to the bottom and look for the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service, Please Right click it with your right mouse button.
6. We want to select the STOP option with your left mouse button.
7. Next we want to Right click on the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service again and select the START option with your Left mouse button please.