Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
It is the issue with the printer get it replaced coz it might reoccur after troubleshooting
Posted on Jun 06, 2008
SOURCE: Ink system failure
An 0xc18xxxxx or 0xc19xxxxx ink system error code displays on the front panel. The printer cannot copy, receive faxes, or print.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
I had the same problem and this is how I fixed it... It is hard to get the cover off (and it's not the top cover, but the one on the right side as facing), but once you do follow the directions below.
- Turn off power and unplug from power source.
- Open right side of printer (looking at the front).
- Disconnect by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "Ok".
- Unplug power source.
- Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing into the conectors on the main circuit board.
- Plug in power source and turn printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
Posted on Jul 11, 2009
1. Press and hold "left arrow" key
2. Press the "setup" key and release both keys
3. Press and release the "OK" button
4. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. 2. Press and release the “OK” button.
5. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
6. Press and release the “OK” button.
7. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
8. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
9. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
10. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
11. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
12. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
13. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
14. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
15. If the error is still there, or reoccurs the printer is already defective.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 21, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
May 01, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Feb 17, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 13, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 16, 2009 | HP Photosmart D7460 Printer
May 20, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 25, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
231 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: