Question about HP Pavilion DV6700T Notebook PC
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You have left over pieces of a spyware and/or adware program. Here is how to go about removing them:
1) Goto 'Control Panel' then to 'Add/Remove Programs'
2) Locate 'My Web Search' Select 'Change/Remove' and uninstall it.
3) Also look around for other programs associated 'FunWebProducts' like:
My Web Search
Search Assistant - My Way
4) Once you have cleared the out of your program's list, proceed to your C drive.
5) Goto Program Files
6) Locate and delete the following folders;
7) Finally Goto Start>Run
8) Type 'msconfig' and press OK.
9) Once the msconfig window pops up select the Tab labeled "Startup"
10) Sift through the startup items look for anything pertaining to either FunWebProducts and/or My Web Search
11) Once found uncheck all of them(FWP/MWS items).
This should fix your start up issues. I would also advise you to Get Spybot-Search&Destroy From here. This will keep you from getting nasty programs like this again.
Hope that helps. If you have any questions lemme know.
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
SOURCE: error message at start up
It sounds like you have some how installed the dreaded my web search tool bar or one of its components. To fix, try this...
First, uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs
1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
2) Double click on Add/Remove Programs
3) Find "My Web Search" in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
5) With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.
6) Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder
7) Right-click and delete the folders for:
9) There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone.
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Download and run PC Fixer and i will almost guarantee that this will fix the problem.
If not you will have to go into the registry and manually edit it. I want to warn you now this is for power users and you can severely damage your OS and possibly lose any files you have if you have to do this manually. If this program does not work you are probably better off backing up your important programs and re-installing windows.
After you download the pc fixer download these two programs and have them scan your system and you should be good to go.
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
SOURCE: error message could not
hello, this could because your AV removed something but it is still in your startup. Try this:
go to "Start" -> Run, then type in "msconfig" and hit enter. on the new windows that opened up,. select "Startup" tab and look for the entry that looks like your error or has anything in it with "mywebs" uncheck any such entries and then click apply. Restart your system.
test and post your results.
Posted on Dec 07, 2009
Testimonial: "that did it, I don't get the error message any more. Now I'll wait and see what affect it has on the operation of my computer. thanks so much, Gregste"
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2010 | Intel Motherboard
Jan 08, 2010 | Intel Motherboard
Oct 21, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Sep 18, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Jun 07, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Jun 04, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Aug 23, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: