Engine runs fine and then shuts off when I turn on sprayer
When the gun trigger is pulled, the back-pressure holding back the engine is reduced and the engine accelerates.
Your engine is dying when it should accelerate.
Good news is you have spark and combustion and fuel and the engine runs.
1) Check the exhaust port for build-up of carbon or dirt >>> the hot exhaust gas has to fly out of the exhaust port and if the port is clogged, then the engine stalls
2) Check the amount of fuel getting through to the carburetor >>> pull off the rubber hose entering carburetor from the gas tank >>> does gas run out freely? If gas does not run freely, then take apart your gas filter located just below gas tank
3) Remove air filter and see if problem continues. A dirty air filter can cause engine to stall since combustion requires oxygen coming through the filter. Replace the air filter.
4) Mess with the choke lever and see if you can find a setting where the engine works >>> our old power washer would never run when lever was moved to full throttle >>> we just left the choke lever at half throttle and the engine was happy
5) If above fixes don't fix the problem >>> the final suspect seems to be the carburetor >>> try some gun-out >>> maybe a trip to small-engine repair shop is required.
Oct 19, 2010 |
Honda Black Max 2600 PSI Pressure Washer