Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I recently had this problem - tested fuser and all sensors.
The fix is to reset the memory.
To do this, enter the Maintenance mode. Menu, * 2864
(enter the number quickly)
then type 01 ( zero one ), this will reset all memory including the user settings.
Finally type 99 to exit Maintenance mode.
The printer will restart and the error will be gone. Test out with copy and printer reports
Hoping this fixes your problem
Posted on Nov 25, 2007
SOURCE: brother mfc 8440
This is commonly a problem with the left hinge being broken on the lid where the adf is. Check that and if it is broken i can give you a part number.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
From the Brother web site.
Description of Problem 100000018247
When I launch PC-Fax Receive Program, I receive an error stating: The Fax Receive program must be started to receive PC faxes. What can I do?pc fax rx
Description of Solution 200000023257
You may receive this error if the pc fax application is closed and you have faxes stored in the memory of the machine. To resolve this issue,you will need to print the faxes already stored in the memory of the machine. To print the faxes, please follow these steps:
1. Press the MENU key.
2. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Fax.
3. Press the OK key to confirm your choice.
4. Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to select Print Fax.
5. Press OK.
6. Press the BLACK START key.
- Your Brother machine will print the stored faxes.
7. Press the STOP/EXIT key to exit the menu.
8. Once the stored faxes have been printed, click WINDOWS/START, (ALL) PROGRAMS, BROTHER, XXX-XXXX (X = MODEL NUMBER), PC-FAX RECEIVING, XXX-XXXX or RECEIVE (depending on your operating system).
9. The Brother PC-fax receiving icon will now appear in your Windows Task Tray indicating that Brother PC-Fax Receiving is active.
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 12, 2010 | Brother MFC-8440 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 22, 2009 | Brother MFC 8440 All-In-One Laser Printer
Feb 09, 2009 | Brother MFC-8460N All-In-One Printer
Dec 02, 2008 | Brother IntelliFAX 2800 Laser Fax
Nov 15, 2007 | Brother MFC-8440 All-In-One Laser Printer
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!