Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Decor DMO2420 Microwave caught on fire

I have a decor dmo2420 and the power was flickering and than it caught on fire. doesn't work anymore..

Posted by on

  • William Miller
    William Miller May 11, 2010

    Was it while it was cooking?

    Was the power to your home flickering or was the display or inside light flickering?

    Did the food item catch fire, or something else, such as a paper towel, paper plate, etc.

    Please clarify the situation and I'll be happy to help you.


×

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 9,098 Answers

Please write back with more details if this reply doesn't solve it.

(Such as, Was the fire inside the cooking cavity? Has the inside been cleaned since?)

There is a cavity temperature fuse located under the outer cover, on the top left side of the cooking cavity. It is rated at 150 degrees centigrade.

If there is a fire, that will open, killing all power to the unit.

A replacement can be found at a local appliance parts company.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.


Decor DMO2420 Microwave caught on fire - 3832738.jpg

Posted on Jun 08, 2008

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave does not heat and makes a lot of noise


hi Richard, from experience i would say the power supply to the magnetron is at fault, you must take extreme care if you intend to test the supply as the high voltages involved...

Regards
Rob

Dec 07, 2015 | Dacor Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

While baking a sweet potato, the potato exploded and caught on fire. The microwave no longer works.a fire bro


I haven't heard of such a thing. You must have cooked it until there was no moisture left in the potato. That would also account for the failure of the oven. It would be the same as no load in the oven.
A thermal protect part is your current problem.

Apr 02, 2014 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

A paper towel caught fire in my GE Microwave, now it has no power.


Since the inside of the microwave caught fire, the main fuse has blown, there is probably damage to the magnetron "heats food" the interior has been burned, which will bring safety isses into play. I recommend a professional assess the situation on the grounds of cost and safety.

Mar 09, 2012 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The timer in my microwave runs down but the microwave will not come on. It's a DCS model # MO24SS


Your problem is almost certainly a bad secondary interlock (bottom door switch) or its mount.

See this text file on door switches.

The DCS MO24SS is essentially a rebranded Sharp R-530ES, just like the Dacor DMO2420S.

So the Dacor DMO2420 service manual (online here) will help you disassemble it and check it out.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jun 21, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Paper caught fire in microwave. microwave power


check breaker in your home electrical panel...make sure all are on

Nov 08, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I tried poping some popcorn in a brown paper bag and it caught on fire. I tried to the microwave again after i put the fire out and cleaned the mess up but nothing is working at all. No breakers were...


all microwaves have flame sensors that will cut the power in case of fire, this sensor will most likely have to be replaced. this will require you to drop the m/w and remove the case.

Jun 16, 2009 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave caught on fire.


I agree! That is an extreme hazard. Possibly due to over voltage of the power supply or faulty relay systems. Emerson is usually a cheaper brand anyhow. I would get the money back instead of exchange.

May 22, 2009 | Emerson Black Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Dacor microwave


The control units for both the DMO2420 and DMO24 have 12-pin connections from the power board to the CPU / display. I'd certainly send it back if it's wrong.

I'd also be interested in finding out where you got it, but not in a public forum. Feel free to contact me privately. It's only fair to give them a chance to make it right first.

If you still have the original control unit, we regularly repair these for customers nationwide with our guaranteed $39.95 service, regardless of which model it is, such as DMO24S, DMO2420, DMT2420, PMOR30S, etc. etc.

We have full details, plus *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site. You'll find a link to our site in our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Mar 05, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

175 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

79865 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...