Question about Makita Garden
Engines need 4 things: Spark, compression, fuel, exhaust
1) Does spark plug have spark?
Take out plug, put plug wire back on plug, hold plug threads against metal part of engine, pull cord, do you see spark between plug and engine?
2) While spark plug is out, put finger over hole and pull cord. Do you feel suction that shows compression?
3) What about the exhaust port? Is the screen blocked with carbon deposits and dirt? Soak it in WD-40.
4) Do you have 2-cycle oil in gasoline? Do you have fresh gas? Did you leave gasoline in tank for several months? Is the carburetor clogged with gum?
5) What about the air filter? Does it fire up without air filter? Will it fire if you spray WD-40 into carburetor? Can you keep it going while spraying WD-40 into carburetor?
If it fires with WD-40 but won't keep going on it's own, then the gas is not getting to carburetor or carburetor is clogged with gum.
Posted on Oct 08, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2015 | Makita Garden
Dec 02, 2013 | Makita DPC7311 73cc 14Inch Gas Powered...
Feb 12, 2012 | Makita RST210 2 Stroke Petrol Line Trimmer...
Apr 30, 2011 | Tanaka Commercial Grade "Inspire" Design...
Nov 27, 2010 | kawasaki ZL 250 Eliminator Motorcycles
Sep 06, 2010 | Garden
Jul 11, 2010 | 2002 Honda CR 250 R
Oct 16, 2009 | Makita DPC6410 64cc 12" Power Cutter
Feb 04, 2009 | Makita DPC6410 64cc 12" Power Cutter
Oct 15, 2008 | Makita DPC8112 16" 81CC Gas Powered Power...
Jun 17, 2017 | Makita Garden
233 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: