Question about Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Router trouble
the way you describe your router's status, it looks like its starting to go out on you, or its gone out. the ports on the router should have the same activity when you plug a computer to it. there is a possibility that the chipsets of the router inside got fried during the outage and the pwoer surge. sometimes surge protectors are not enough, you have to have a UPS to protect the devices. if in case it is best that you contact the macnufacturer of your router or your ISP so that they will be able to transfer you to the right line.
you may also want to consult your devoce's warranty status.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
Try assigning the IP address manually. To do so go to Network Connections, right click on the wireless connection and click on Properties, select Internet Protocol TCP/IP and click on Properties again. Select use the following IP address and type the address of the same range as of your Router's IP. In case you do not know the range try 192.168.1.5 or 172.16.1.5 with the subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 for both, and when you use the IP as 192.168.1.5 use the default gateway as 192.168.1.1 and for 172.16.1.5 use the default gateway as 172.16.1.1 Also select the lower option as "Use following DNS Server address" and for 192.168.1.5 use 192.168.1.1 and for 18.104.22.168 use 172.16.1.1 .Click on Ok. Click on Ok again and now check for the connectivity.
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. . here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
7. Once your done on the internet setting, go to your wireless connection settings and you can create a wireless network name or ssid, set a security by selecting wep, wpa, wpa2.
8. once all is set. save the settings and to check if your laptop can access the wireless network that you did, turn on the wireless switch of your laptop, once its on, it will show the wireless network icon on the lower right of the taskbar, right click it and select on view available network, the network name that u did should list, just select it and connect and it will ask for the password, just type the password and connect, you should be connected to the wireless network and have internet access..
9. If you are going to hook up your desktop to the wireless connection, you need to install a wireless network adapter, install the driver and do the same thing as u did to the laptop, for the desktop no need of turning on the wireless switch, once you install the driver correctly, it will show a network icon..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2012 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
Nov 25, 2011 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
May 11, 2011 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
Sep 23, 2010 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
Sep 02, 2010 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
May 12, 2010 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
Oct 20, 2009 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
Jul 08, 2009 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
Sep 21, 2008 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
Jul 20, 2013 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
Jul 03, 2017 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
Sep 15, 2017 | Airlink AR430W Wireless Router
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!