a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Clean the contacts of both the cartridge and the print head with some alcohol. Reinsert the cartridge. Power off the printer and wait 1 minute. Power if back on and then make it go thru calibration cycle if it has one.
1. Open the printer compartment by lifting the black, plastic printer cover. 2. The ink roll is found in the front of the printer compartment, just behind the print head, and is mounted in a plastic cartridge. To remove, grasp the small clip on the left of the ink roll (where the words "PULL UP" may be printed on the ink roll cartridge) and pull up. The ink roll will easily pull up and away from the print head. 3. To replace a new ink roll, insert the ink roll according to markings "L" (Left) and "R" (Right) by pressing downward to lock it into position, then close the printer cover. No tools are necessary. For best performance, store unopened ink roll package in a cool, dry place until installed. NOTE: Replace with ROYAL Ink Roll, Part #013109.
most new machines will not work with refiled cartridge`s the samsung and the lexmark ar the two that play up the most, because refild cartrages now have an electronic chip in them , the cartrage is telling the machine that it is empty and thus the machine is not accepting the cartrage
The Error "Check INK U140"
Causes : Possible causes are as follows :
* The ink tank may not be installed properly (The lamp on the ink tank is off).
Install the appropriate ink tank.
* The ink tank not be compatible with this machine. (The lamp on the ink tank is off).
Install the appropriate Ink tank.
The machine will not print of the wrong type of ink tank is used or if it is installed incorrectly.
Be sure to install the ink tanks in the proper order. The proper arrangement from the left to right is Black - (CLI-8BK), Black -(PGI-5BK), Yellow - (CLI-8Y), Magenta (CLI-8M), Cyan (CLI-8C).
1) Ensure that the machine is on.
2) Raise the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) until it stops.
The Paper Output tray will open automatically and the Print Holder moves to the center.
Impoprtant : If the Scanning Unit (PRinter Cover) is left open for more than 10 minutes, The Print Head Holder moves to the right. Close and reopen the Scanning Unit(Printer Cover) to return the Print Head Holder to the center.
3) OPen the Inner Cover.
4) Press the Open button to open the Paper Output tray if it does not open automatically and remove the ink tank whoe lamp is flashing red fast. Do not touch the Print Head Lock Lvever. Remove only the ink tank.
Important : * Handle the ink tanks carefully to avoid staining clothing or the surrounding area.
* Discard empty ink tanks according to the locakl laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
Note : Be sure to replace ink tanks one by one when replacing more than one ink tank.
5) Prepare a replacement tank.
a) Remove the new tank ink from its packaging, then pull the orange tape so that the protective film does not remain on air hole. Then remove the film.
b) Remove the orange protective cap from the bottom of the ink tank and discard it.
6) Install the ink .
a) Install the ink tank into the Print Head.
b) Press on the Push button on the ink tank until the ink tank snaps firmly into place.
c) Ensure that the ink tank clicks into place and then its lamp lights red.
Important : Make sure to install all the ink tanks to enable printing. The machine cannot be used unless all the ink tanks are installed.
7) Close the Inner Cover.
Note: Ensure that the Inner Cover is closed, Printing will not occur if the Inner Cover is open.
Hope this help. PLease rate my response.
have a good day.
you do not have to take the whole printer to the shop to fill the ink cartrage if you have the manuel to the printer it should tell you how to remove the ink cartrage and replace it with a new one and also they may have a refill kit at one of your local computer stores or where they sell ink and they should be able to tell you how to get the ink cartrage out to replace it
first try taking out the cartrage and try uninstalling the printer off your computer then reinstalling it. before putting in your cartrage make sure your computer detects it and your computer should tell you that it detcets no ink then try replacing it. if the problem consists make sure youave the right cartgae for that printer. Then check that nothing (paper, pen, anything) is stuck or jamming the computer blocking the cartage sensors,