Question about Electronics - Others
I rakesh singh pawar purchase a 2gb transcend pen drive through sifymall (online) .After one month it is not working .Where we claim for warranty.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Transcend pen drive problem
Since you are using Vista, you may want to check for an update/patch from the laptop manufacturer. This is a common issue with Vista's USB ports. Microsoft has acknowledge the issues and has posted a fix here and here.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Mar 25, 2008
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
7. It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
You should also do this to cheack the drives connections are not bad inside the enclosure.
8. If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
9. If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
10. ensure that you have set removable drives for "quick removal" or that you use the "Safly Remove Hardware" option often shown on the lower toolbar.It is possible that files my not be fully written to external devices before they are removed. This corrupts the file itself and even on occasion the drive.
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
Hope this gives you the information you need
It would be very decent of you to consider the quality of our experts answers and judge them accordingly as you pass through FixYa.
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
1. Download this tool:
(Before removing USB flash drive click on the Safely Remove
Hardware icon and then click on USB flash drive you want to remove)
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2010 | Transcend T.sonic 612 MP3 Player
Dec 30, 2009 | Transcend T.sonic 612 MP3 Player
Jul 29, 2009 | Transcend (589307) Media
Apr 24, 2009 | Transcend (589307) Media
Aug 11, 2008 | Electronics - Others
Feb 27, 2008 | Transcend (589307) Media
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!