Question about SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
I just bought a c240 mp3. When I connect it to my computer (Windows xp), the display on the Sandisk indicates "connected" and "writing". However, I have not been able to get the computer to recognize this device and I cannot download anything. Also, it does not seem to charge the battery; it seemed to give it about 1/3 charge with over 10 hours of plug in time. Help! Jim I bought a C140 off the net, not knowing the driver cd didn't come with it. I have Win XP, and when I plug the device in, it tells me over and over and over "Found New Hardware MTP Device." I can't get past this. Please help!!! How do I get my computer to recognize it without the driver? Thanks for any help.
You may have to update the firmware.
Download this file:
This is the firmware update utility for Sanca c140 (c100 series) devices.
There is a howto.txt file included, follow the instructions.I am posting the instructions here for convenience.
1. Download the attached file and save it on the desktop.
(the player should not be attached to the computer at this point)
2. Double click the file to run it.
3. Accept the license agreement.
4. Remove the battery from the mp3 player.
5. Press and hold the center (select) button and connect it to the computer (keep holding the button, this is the firmware update mode).
6. If the New Hardware Wizard appears (now you can let go of the select button), do the following: (if asked, choose not to connect to the internet for updates), then choose to install the device automatically, then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
7. When the wizard comes up, or when the Update button becomes active (whichever happens first), you may release the select button.
8. Click the Update button, and then click OK to the message that comes up.
9. Wait until the upgrade finishes, then unplug the device.
10. Put the battery back in, and turn on the player.
11. Hopefully the update will be performed, then choose English for the language when prompted.
12. Check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
What I would recommend you to do is to make sure that your device is under MTP mode instead of MSC...to do that go under menu,setting, usb and then there should the two mode listed there...then you want to plug your device in the back of your computer..not in the front..tghat is very important....once you do that..open up your windows media player...click on your start thee sync panel..if your device is recognize properly it will be showing there on the right side..and if its not listed properly, it will say connect a device..if thats the case..click on your start menu right click on computer and then click on propetties, click under hardware and then device manager..your device should be showing there...check under disk drives to see if your device is showing there and if it doesnt you want to right click and hit uninstall...we dont want your device to be under disk drive ..we want it to be under windows portable device...once you uninstall it...go to http://www.sandisk.com/DriverDownload/index.asp and find the driver for your device..and then connecct the device on the back of your computer...it should work properly..if you are still having any problems..let me know..i would be more than happy to assist you..
Please rate accordingly
Posted on Jun 17, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 05, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
Jun 06, 2010 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
Mar 15, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
Jul 29, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c250 (2 GB) MP3 Player...
Jul 28, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
May 07, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
Mar 31, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
Nov 10, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c240 MP3 Player
181 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: