my computer doesnt seem to see that my sansa clip is plugged in, it doesnt do anything when i plug it in. the sansa clip only says its charging, it doesnt acknowledge that its plugged into the computer...
i have formatted it, i have reset it to factory, i installed the sansa updater and firmware, i installed i think its called mtp or mtk porting kit from microsoft.com, san disk tech support had me install kb940199 from microsoft,com... im not sure what else to try!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: sansa clip 2 gig computer doesnt find
This is the method that will force Windows to recognize the Sansa:
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off,hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You have 2 ways to transfer your songs from your computer to your sansa clip:
1. Plug sansa clip to computer, double click on "Sansa Clip ...GB", double click on "Internal Memory", you will see the file "Music", copy your songs and paste them into Music file of the device.
2. Using Windows Media Player: open windows media player, plug sansa clip into computer, click on Sync tab, select songs that you want to sync, drag and drop song selected into "Sync list" on the right side of the windows media player (you should update wmp11), then click on button Start Sync.
ok..Well try plugging it in 2 the computer,..try both slots..and flip the cord over and put it in. If it doesnt work..Then go to whatever store you got it from and then yu can trade it in for another 1..hope this works for you
ok, look turn your device on and select settings, next you want to find usb mode (wording may vary). select this option and change this setting to msc, i have a 2 gig clip and this seemed to work......if this doesnt work try the mpt setting under the same "usb mode" option.....also when putting songs on your device, make sure the files are in wma format(windows media audio) to do this , see the songs properties, ussually done with a right click on the songs shorcut or logo.....if the file is in mp3 format, open the song in windows media player and open the library tab, highlight what you want to put on your device right click and select send to .....then select audio converter, convert the files then send them to your clip.
1. turn sansa clip on 2. slide to "hold" 3. press and hold center button do NOT let go... 4. plug in the connector cable 5. wait until computer recognises Sansa device 6. let go of center button 7. drag n drop files and you are all set
if that doesnt work you will need to go to the sandisk website to update the firmware on your device..
let me know if you anymore questions..
Please rate accordingly