I have 1 gigabeat player "Gigabeat MEG-F20" i want to load music but then when i finish and tried to turn it on, but the system say " NO SYSTEM FOUND ON HDD". What should i do now? Please tell me, thanks
The OS as been delete from hdd , most of the time 'cause formatting hdd with windows
must have other Gigabeat same model fonctional , or call Toshiba and ask for repair center near you they can copy O.S. back in your Blank hdd .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error usually happens when the firmware has been corrupted or deleted. The easiest way to correct this is by updating the firmware. You may also try to restore the firmware data by following the steps below.
1. Connect the gigabeat to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Start Explorer on the PC.
3. Open the folder in which the gigabeat room is installed. --> The folder in which the gigabeat room is installed can be opened by clicking [Start] [All Programs] [TOSHIBA gigabeat room 2.0] [gigabeat room 2.0 Program Folder]. Usually, the folder will be found in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\gigabeat room 2.0.
4. If you can't find the folder, please go inside the gigabeat then click on [tools], [folder option], go to [view tab] then select [show hidden files and folders].
5. Now, inside the gigabeat root, copy a folder named "GBSYSTEM" located in the folder that was opened in Step 3.
6. Use "Safely Remove Hardware" and disconnect the gigabeat.
hi i had the same problem and updated gigabeat room to version 3 , not the actual gigabeat just its pc software , and it seems to work ok most of the time but only if i load gigabeat watcher after plugging in my player . hope this helps ,i emailed toshiba uk but they told me that they have no intention of updating the players firmware ,