Question about Heating & Cooling
I tried all the tricks mentioned previously to no avail.
These are the steps I performed to get it to work:
1. Remove batteries and make sure the battery contacts inside the unit are clean.
2. Disconnect all the wires from the back of the unit. Be careful not let any of the bare wire ends to come in contact with each other. Make sure you mark the wires or verify that the color code matches the markings on the rear cover:
R=Red wire (low voltage DC); and
C=Common (wire color varies)
3. Leave the unit disconnected with batteries removed for about an hour to make sure all the memory drains. I waited an hour, but it may not require that much time.
4. Install the batteries in the correct positions per the instructions. The unit should perform a power up display test, then the display will flash the time and temperature.
5. Set the clock and the display will stop flashing.
6. Slide the switch to cool and/or heat and program the desired weekday/weekend settings.
7. Slide the switch back to off once all weekday/weekend settings are made.
8. Reconnect the wires that were removed in step 2.
9. System should be operational at this time.
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
I spoke to Honeywell...the fix is really quite simple! They asked me to clean the metal battery posts (in case there was corrsion). That didn't fix my problem b/c I had cleaned the corrosion previously. Next, the guy had me insert new batteries in REVERSE polarity and leave the unit in the off position for 10 seconds. He then had me take the batteries out and insert them in the correct polarity.
The unit cycled through its checks and worked perfectly!
Easy fix. Hope this helps someone else!
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
I tryed the timdmurphy advice of unhooking the cables and I waited 20 mins and it was gone.
Do not buy a new thermostat before trying this one
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Replace the thermostat.
Posted on May 29, 2008
I have a Honeywell T8131C thermostat and I set it to come on at 6;00 in the morning to come on but it does not come on what is my problem
Posted on Jan 10, 2013
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2013 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Dec 04, 2010 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Jan 26, 2010 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Oct 29, 2009 | Honeywell CT3200 5-2 Day Electronic...
Oct 14, 2009 | Honeywell CT3600 7 Day Electronic...
Oct 14, 2009 | Honeywell CT3200 5-2 Day Electronic...
Oct 03, 2009 | Honeywell Programmable Thermostat Heater
Jun 08, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
1,974 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: