Question about Air Conditioners
I tried all the tricks mentioned previously to no avail.
These are the steps I performed to get it to work:
1. Remove batteries and make sure the battery contacts inside the unit are clean.
2. Disconnect all the wires from the back of the unit. Be careful not let any of the bare wire ends to come in contact with each other. Make sure you mark the wires or verify that the color code matches the markings on the rear cover:
R=Red wire (low voltage DC); and
C=Common (wire color varies)
3. Leave the unit disconnected with batteries removed for about an hour to make sure all the memory drains. I waited an hour, but it may not require that much time.
4. Install the batteries in the correct positions per the instructions. The unit should perform a power up display test, then the display will flash the time and temperature.
5. Set the clock and the display will stop flashing.
6. Slide the switch to cool and/or heat and program the desired weekday/weekend settings.
7. Slide the switch back to off once all weekday/weekend settings are made.
8. Reconnect the wires that were removed in step 2.
9. System should be operational at this time.
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
I spoke to Honeywell...the fix is really quite simple! They asked me to clean the metal battery posts (in case there was corrsion). That didn't fix my problem b/c I had cleaned the corrosion previously. Next, the guy had me insert new batteries in REVERSE polarity and leave the unit in the off position for 10 seconds. He then had me take the batteries out and insert them in the correct polarity.
The unit cycled through its checks and worked perfectly!
Easy fix. Hope this helps someone else!
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
I tryed the timdmurphy advice of unhooking the cables and I waited 20 mins and it was gone.
Do not buy a new thermostat before trying this one
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Replace the thermostat.
Posted on May 29, 2008
I have a Honeywell T8131C thermostat and I set it to come on at 6;00 in the morning to come on but it does not come on what is my problem
Posted on Jan 10, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 16, 2014 | Honeywell T827K1009 Mercury Free EconoStat...
Sep 09, 2011 | Honeywell Air Conditioners
Apr 29, 2011 | Air Conditioners
Dec 12, 2010 | Air Conditioners
Jun 08, 2009 | Air Conditioners
Nov 15, 2008 | Air Conditioners
Oct 19, 2008 | Hunter Air Conditioners
Sep 08, 2008 | Honeywell Air Conditioners
1,787 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: