Question about Acer Computers & Internet
Check the ISP to verify the connection to your home
2.You will also need to configure your browser for the internet
a. for Windows XP here is the setup :
b. For Windows 7
here is the setup instructions: getting online and networking
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox)
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop/desktop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model router
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the room
Posted on Oct 07, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2017 | Internet Computers & Internet
Nov 02, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite A205-S4617 Notebook
Check the wireless router and high-speed modem.
If the two are not powered on, or if the Ethernet cable connected the two is not completely inserted into both connection ports, you are unable to access the Internet on the Acer Aspire One laptop computer.
Activate the wireless Internet connection on the laptop computer.
Right-click the wireless icon on the desktop, then choose "Enable" from the pop-up menu.
Without activating the wireless receiver on the Acer Aspire One, the laptop is unable to detect any wireless network.
Select the appropriate network you wish to connect to.
Your computer may be attempting to connect to a different Internet connection, preventing you from access the network you desire. Right-click the wireless icon, select "Search for available wireless networks," then choose the network you want to access.
Restart the computer.
The system may have booted and failed to detect the wireless receiver. Restarting the computer corrects this issue.
hope this helps
Sep 13, 2012 | Acer Aspire 5733 Laptop
Sep 12, 2012 | Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Cell Phone
Jul 03, 2012 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Sep 18, 2011 | Televison & Video
Aug 14, 2011 | Sony KDL46HX800 46 in. 3D LCD TV
Feb 12, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jul 13, 2018 | Acer Computers & Internet
81 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: