Question about Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera
I plug camera via usb cable to my pc. I used to then get a window on screen offering to download pics to a folder but nothing now happens. I have changed cable as thought it may have been a problem with that but no success.
i tried to plug in my computer my camera by the usb cord. when i did there was a pop out saying that this usb is not pluged in properly but a window saying which action i wanted to do with my camera appeared with nothing writen. i went to my computer and there was a picture of my camera. i clicked it and nothing appeared.
what could i do so i could upload my pictures into my computer with my usb working properly?
Try updating Canon software from their website...www.powershot.com
Here are the steps to take.
1. Establish whether or not you have a connection between your camera/computer by going to your start button, control panel, system, hardware tab and device manager. The camera must be powered on and in playback mode (should automatically go to playback mode when connected, camera's screen should go black if there is a connection). Make sure you have a fully or nearly fully charged battery in your camera.
2. Once in device manager, look under Imaging Devices. If your camera is properly connected it should show up as Canon Powershot SD800. If it shows a yellow exclamation point, there is a driver issue, and even if it doesn't show a yellow exclamation point, you may want to update your driver anyway by right clicking and having the system search automatically for driver updates. If download of driver begins, great...once finished, restart camera and your problem may be resolved.
3. If there are any other imaging devices, you may have to temporarily disable them to avoid conflicts.
4. If you have any other imaging software running, exit or close the program in your system tray (down by your clock in the right hand corner of your computer's desktop.
5. Try again to connect.
6. If you are on a desktop, try a rear usb port vs. a front port. You can also try a different port on a laptop. After each change, try restarting camera to establish connection.
7. Go to start/My Computer and look for the icon for your camera...you will be able to download images even without Canon software loaded onto computer so this is not a software issue if you have no hardware connection. If you see the icon, right click on it and choose Get or Import pictures. From there the default Microsoft scanner and camera wizard should launch and you will be able to import your images.
8. If still no connection, try going to Start/Run and type in services.msc here you are looking for 4 services to be running. Check under status of each service and make sure it reads that each of these services are started.
If all of these steps fail, try purchasing an SD card reader from your local electronics store for around $12 and download images from there. Canon also offers lifetime technical support for your Powershot, so give them a call if none of these steps work or if you would like someone to walk you through it.
Best of luck to you!
Posted on May 30, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2011 | Digital Cameras
Mar 14, 2008 | Largan Chameleon Digital Camera
May 30, 2010 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S700 Digital Camera
Feb 07, 2010 | Nikon COOLPIX L3 Digital Camera
Sep 26, 2009 | Digital Cameras
Aug 31, 2009 | Digital Cameras
Jun 03, 2009 | Samsung L700 Digital Camera
Mar 31, 2008 | Samsung Digimax V800 Digital Camera
Feb 05, 2008 | Fuji FinePix S700 Digital Camera
Nov 15, 2007 | Olympus Camedia C-770 Digital Camera
Jan 07, 2014 | Canon PowerShot A80 Digital Camera
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!