Question about Whirlpool LGR8648PG Gas Dryer
In order to get to the burner assembly where the igniter is located, you will need to open the dryer cabinet and remove the drum by following these steps:
1. UNPLUG the dryer and remove the lint screen.
2. Remove the two screws that were under the lint screen and lift the top panel.
3. Unplug the door switch connector plug and any ground wire that may be installed on the casing.
4. Locate the two screws that hold the front panel in place. There should be one screw on each side in the cabinet interior.
5. With the door shut, lean against the front panel and remove the two screws that hold it in place. Once the screws are removed, grasp the front panel at the top center and lift straight up to remove.
You should now have complete access to the dryer interior.
6. Remove the dryer drum. Release the belt tension, by pushing the idler pulley (tensioner) to the right (away from the belt) and remove the belt from around the motor pulley. Then, with the belt still wrapped around the drum, use the belt to lift the entire drum out of the cabinet.
You can reference the following websites for helpful exploded view diagrams to assist you with assembling and disassembling your dryer:
Once you have completed your repairs, reassemble the dryer as follows:
1. Re-install the drum, making sure the rollers are seated properly in the groove around the perimeter in the rear. Make sure the belt is looped around the drum with the groove side facing the drum.
2. Have someone hold the drum in place while you re-install the belt over the tension pulley and motor. If working alone, kneel down so you can see the tensioner and motor and rest the drum front on your shoulder or knee.
NOTE: With the belt removed, this may cause the idler pulley (tensioner) to come loose. This is normal with no tension on the pulley to hold it in place.
3. Reinstall the belt tensioner by following these steps:
a. Loop the drive belt around the dryer drum with the groove side facing the drum.
b. With the tensioner in your left hand, insert the clip end of the idler pulley into the grooves on the dryer bottom casing with the idler wheel pointing to your left. (The grooves are directly in front of the drive motor.)
c. While holding the tensioner in place, insert the belt UNDER the wheel with your right hand and push the wheel to the RIGHT while pulling the belt over the drive motor pulley.
NOTE: If this does not explain it well enough, you can also verify by going to repairclinic.com. Click on the Repair Help link and look for the "Dryer Belt Diagrams" link under the Special Features section on the next page. Look for WHIRLPOOL and refer to diagram H (This model Amana is manufactured by Whirlpool).
4. Once you have the belt installed, re-install the dryer front panel by holding it as you did previously. Line up the holes on the inside bottom edge of the front panel with the small mounting cleats on the front edge of the side panels. This can be done by yourself, but an assist may make it easier.
5. Once you have the front panel in place, lean against it to hold it in place and install the mounting screws.
NOTE: Don't forget to reconnect the grounding wire and door switch connector plug. Without the door switch connected, the dryer will not run. Lower the top panel back in place and reinstall the two screws.
NOTE: Placing a piece of duct tape over the dryer vent chute will help safeguard against dropping anything down in the blower fan assembly. If you drop any screws down the chute, you will need to remove the dryer back panel to retrieve them.
If you have any questions about this repair, please post back and let me know. I hope you find this information helpful.
Posted on Oct 07, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
If you are having problems with your gas dryer not heating the most common problem is that the ignitor goes bad. Even though it glows sometimes it is still not working properly.
if you dryer is gas check out this gas no heat tip....
If you have an electric dryer, you can have many different things that can go wrong causing the dryer not to heat.
check out this electric no heat tip...
Dec 19, 2010 | Whirlpool LGR8648PG Gas Dryer
Thank you for contacting Fixya.com.
Please check the bellow links to have an in-depth knowledge related to your query:-
Please get back to us if you have any further query.
Have a nice day.
Dec 02, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Jul 02, 2010 | Whirlpool LGR8648PG Gas Dryer
Jul 02, 2010 | Whirlpool LGR8648PG Gas Dryer
Feb 06, 2010 | Washing Machines
Sep 06, 2009 | Dryers
May 07, 2009 | Whirlpool LGR3624JQ Gas Dryer
Jun 16, 2008 | Dryers
Aug 16, 2017 | LG Dryers
Aug 16, 2017 | Samsung Dryers
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: