Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I am replacing my electrical outlets in my house, i have replaced most on my main floor with no problems exept my kitchen. When i replaced my outlets in my kitchen and then went to turn on the power at the fuse panel a spark and smoke poped from the kitchen fuses, what is the problem?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 248 Answers

Recheck wiring,you have one grounding out to outlet box or another wire

Posted on Oct 07, 2010

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

3 Answers

Old home, a electrical outlet actually has a fuse connected right to it. How to replace/install a regular outlet plug? I have a pic, but site doesn't appear to have a place to attach it.


electrical work is not for DIY
some one has messed with the electrical wiring of the house so get in an accredited electrician and consider having the house rewired using the correct ELB devices in the power box

Jan 11, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

How to get full power from outlet???


If you are getting your microwave to turn on then you are just fine on your outlets. They should be putting out 120v. You just have an under powered Microwave.

Dec 14, 2015 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Blowing breaker


In general house hold circuit breaker of the house is 15 Amps or 20 Amps.

Either you have defected (weak) circuit breaker and wiring or bad Microwave oven.

The 99.99 % house hold Microwave ovens pull less than 15 Amps. They may have internal ceramic 15A fuse or 15 Amp internal circuit breaker.

To isolate your problem:

1. Plug your Microwave oven to different areas (different electrical circuit) if the different circuit breaker still trips... your Microwave oven has a short - Most of them has a small ceramic fuse 15 amps fuse.-also check some inter lock switches at door .

2. If the Microwave oven works Ok then you may have:

2a. You may overload the existing electrical circuit, try to unplug some other appliances

2b. You may have bad electrical outlet receptacle (Replace it with the same type , - may need helps from licensed electrician)

2c. Weak or defect house hold circuit breaker. (Replace it with the same type , brand - may need helps from licensed electrician)


Jan 24, 2014 | Goldstar Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

When I switch microwave on all the electric goes off downstairs. Have to switch it bak on from mains. Anyone got any ideas why??


You have too many things being pulled on one circuit, try plugging it in on a different curcuit. Most homes have at least two curcuits in their kitchen, so if your using a normal wall outlet, move it to one that is closer to your sink area.

Mar 21, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Nothing happens when plugged in


The main fuse in the microwave oven has probably blown, it usually goes when a part has failed.

May 07, 2012 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have noticed that when I have my dishwasher on, and kettle and water filter that the safety switch trips out, shutting down most of my kitchen. The dishwasher has it's own outlet and the kettle and...


all kitchen appliances should be on ground fualt outlets & breakers,If an appliance is on a g.f. outlet it should only blow that particular outlet so all you have to do is push the reset button.Outlets and lights should be on different breakers,so that if the outlet breaker blows you will still have lights

Oct 11, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave power turns off after a few sec running incl oven power


I would suggest having whoever installed the new appliances come back and check out his work. There might be a poorly made electrical connection somewhere, and you might have a potential fire hazard.

You might also have gotten a lemon microwave oven. This happens sometimes. (Usually when I buy something.) Contact the store where you purchased it and ask if they have a service person who can check it, or just tell them what's happening and you want a replacement. They'll just return yours to the manufacturer.

In any case, have this checked out to be sure your wiring isn't at fault.

Mar 08, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

We had an power outage and lost power for a few hours everything came back on but the microwave. I checked the outlet and checked the fuse still nothing. Is there anything that can be fixed?


Hello if you have no power at the outlet, you may have saved your microwave. If the outlet is dead go to your house electrical panel and reset the breaker or replace the fuse. if the outlet is live and the microwave still won't power on you will have to choose between repair and replacement. Definitely get an estimate before agreeing to a repair as microwaves are very inexpensive today compared to even a couple of years ago.

Nov 23, 2009 | Emerson MW8108P Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Outlet works but the microwave is dead, no power at all.


I had a similar problem with my Whirlpool microwave. I replaced a fuse (after reading posts in this forum) and it's working again.  I'm not sure how similar your model is, but in my case it was an in-line fuse in a wire leading down from the main fuse in the upper right corner behind the control panel.

Apr 04, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Breaker tripping


Make sure it is plugged into a 20 amp circuit. If it is in a kitchen it should be a 20amp breaker if it trips a 20 amp breaker it needs to be replaced. If it is a new house and you plug it in in the kitchen and it trips a 15 amp breaker then the house does not meet code. ref Article 210.52(B)(1) NEC

Jan 18, 2008 | Emerson MW8107WA Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

30 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75077 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5059 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...