Question about Dyson Vacuums
Not sure this is your foolproof solution to the problem, but you might give it a try to see if it solves your problem.
When the beater brush starts to bind up due to debris it retards the action of the cleaner, sometimes to the point of the belt breaking.
Remove the beater brush as if you were going to change the belt. Remove all debris and clean as best you can. Pay attention to the end pieces on each end of the beater brush. They will can clogged to the point to stopping the brush from rotating. Add some WD40 to the clips at the end of the beater brush and work in by twisting the clips while holding the beater brush. Once it seems to be free, reassemble and be sure the belt is on properly, you might want to consider replacing the belt.
If you find this solution to be of help I would appreciate a Thumbs Up. Good luck and be well. Paul
Posted on Oct 06, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2016 | Vacuums
Jul 28, 2015 | Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum
CARPETS OR HARD FLOORS
• The brush bar will always default to 'ON' (spinning) each time you switch the
appliance 'ON' and recline it for cleaning.
• The brush bar will not rotate when the appliance is upright.
• To switch the brush bar 'OFF' (e.g. for delicate rugs and hard floors):
- switch the appliance 'ON'
- recline the appliance
- press the brush bar 'ON/OFF' button - the brush bar will stop spinning.
• The brush bar will automatically stop if it becomes obstructed. See 'Brush bar -
• Before vacuuming your flooring, rugs and carpets, check the manufacturer's
recommended cleaning instructions.
• Some carpets may fuzz if a rotating brush bar is used when vacuuming. If this
happens, we recommend vacuuming in 'hard floor' mode and consulting with
the flooring manufacturer.
• The brush bar on the appliance may damage some carpet types. If you are
unsure, turn 'OFF' the brush bar.
Dec 31, 2014 | Dyson Bagless Upright Vacuum DC41 Animal
Aug 25, 2014 | Dyson DC24 All Floors Upright Cleaner...
Feb 25, 2013 | Dyson DC15 All Floors - The Ball Bagless...
Jan 04, 2013 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Nov 25, 2012 | Dyson Ball DC24 Bagless Upright Vacuum
Jun 01, 2009 | Dyson DC07 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Mar 02, 2009 | Kenmore 23313 Whispertone Bagged Canister...
663 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: