Question about Whirlpool Dryers
There should be a wiring diagram and tech sheet inside the operator console, or inside the dryer cabinet. Most appliances come with this literature as a standard policy, so repair technicians have reference material to aid in troubleshooting. Remove the back of the operator console and check there, first. If you don't find any literature there, you can open the cabinet as follows and check inside:
1. UNPLUG the dryer and remove the lint screen.
2. Remove the two screws that were under the lint screen and lift the top panel.
3. Unplug the door switch connector plug and any ground wire that may be installed on the casing.
4. Locate the two screws that hold the front panel in place. There should be one screw on each side in the cabinet interior.
5. With the door shut, lean against the front panel and remove the two screws that hold it in place. Once the screws are removed, grasp the front panel at the top center and lift straight up to remove.
You should now have complete access to the dryer interior.
If you no longer have any of the literature that came with the appliance you can order replacements at any of the following websites:
The part numbers are as follows:
Tech Sheet - LIT3978624
Wiring Diagram - LIT3977777
If you need an owner/operator's manual, you can obtain a replacement copy at managemylife.com. Just enter your model number under the "Manuals" link and your owner's manual is available in .pdf format that can be downloaded or printed for FREE.
If you require further assistance, please post back and let me know. I hope you find this information helpful.
Posted on Oct 06, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2015 | Dryers
Jul 06, 2014 | Kenmore 63942 Dryer
Aug 31, 2011 | Whirlpool WED4900XW Dryer
Oct 30, 2009 | Whirlpool GGQ8831L Gas Dryer
Oct 05, 2009 | Dryers
Mar 14, 2009 | Dryers
Mar 07, 2009 | Whirlpool LGV4634JQ Gas Dryer
Feb 16, 2009 | Dryers
Mar 20, 2008 | Dryers
Jun 16, 2018 | Whirlpool Dryers
163 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!