Question about Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding Electric Double Oven Range - Stainless-Steel
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
A wonderful feature is that the ovens self-clean with the press of a few buttons. Only one oven can be programmed to self-clean at a time. Remove the oven racks. Turn off the oven light and close the door. Press the "Clean" button and then press "Auto Set" to automatically clean the oven for 3 hours. Press the "Auto Set" pad again to set the oven for a 4-hour clean cycle, or press the button one more time for a 2-hour cleaning. The oven locks when in cleaning mode. When the oven is finished cleaning, the word "Cleaned" will be displayed on the control panel, and the oven will remain locked until the oven has cooled, which takes about an hour. To cancel the self-clean cycle, just press the "Cancel" button. Simple!
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
SOURCE: maytag gemini self-cleaning oven
heres alink to a manual explaining the self clean operation( its for a gas gemini range, but if you have electric, procedure is the same) page 11
Posted on Mar 22, 2008
We had an ugly spill of hot grease/water from a roast, and lots of it ran right into the vent holes on our oven door, covering various layers of glass and other parts inside the door. Yuck. Thankfully we found this site!
"fixetheoven" was certainly on the right track, but missed a key step that makes this job much, much easier. (Maybe they had a few too many sips of wine during the process?! :-)
Anyway, the key to make the job easy, and do-able by one person, is to pull the door off the hinges before starting to remove any screws! Here's how we did it:
1. Open the door about four inches or so, it will stay in place. Hold the door at the sides and lift it up, sliding it right off of the hinges! Now lay it carefully face up on a table so you have easy access to the screws, and no danger of the glass dropping out of the bottom of the door (as apparently happened to "fixedtheoven".)
2. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on one side of the door. (One screw is halfway up the side panel, the other is on the bottom edge of the door.)
3. Slide the panel off, paying close attention to how it fits into place so you can return it to its original position later!
4. Remove the two screws that hold the panel on the other side of the door, and slide that panel out as well.
5. Remove the three screws that hold the panel across the bottom edge of the door, and remove that panel.
6. Now you can slide the front glass out from under the top edge of the door.
7. Clean the front glass, the side panels, and the bottom panel, as needed.
8. There will be another layer of glass inside the door. If it needs cleaning on the underside, remove the screws from one of the metal brackets that hold the glass in place. You can then slide this piece of glass out from the metal bracket at the other side.
9. After cleaning everything, reassemble the door by reversing the above steps.
10. Lift the door by the sides and carefully slide it back into place on the hinges. Be sure it is properly in place and being held there before you let go!!
11. Now go pour that glass of wine and sip to your heart's content, while admiring how clean your oven door is!
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2016 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Jan 09, 2014 | Kitchen Ranges
Jul 16, 2010 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Feb 08, 2010 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Feb 03, 2010 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Nov 15, 2009 | Maytag Gemini 30" Self-Cleaning...
Mar 07, 2009 | Maytag MGR6772BDS Gemini Gas Kitchen Range
Oct 25, 2008 | Maytag MER6772 Gemini Electric Kitchen...
Dec 18, 2007 | Maytag MER6872BAS Gemini Electric Kitchen...
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: