Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: HP Photosmart all in one C3180
My suggestion: Don't buy HP. I have the same region coding problem. All I want to do is buy HP ink, put it in my HP printer and print stuff. Too hard. I've wasted 30 pounds on ink and another 30 pounds on "support" phone calls to HP. Hopeless. I will never buy HP again. Waste of time and money.
Posted on Nov 19, 2007
That indicates that the printer has a network card problem. You can try rebooting/resetting which can clear it but usually means a trip to the hp repair shop.
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
If you are using a jetdirect network card it could be the cause of your problem. Pull the network card and restart the machine. Seen it a couple of times
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
From the control panel of the printer, do the following:
1. arrow down once to highlight the 2nd item: "paper handling".
2. press the check button (turquoise color) to select this option.
3. arrow down 2x's until you highlight the "tray 2 size".
4. hit the check button to select this item.
5. You should see a size that is "letter" and there should be a ' * ' asterisk which means that is the default setting. If you see other paper sizes as well, then arrow up or arrow down to highlight the preferred size, and then press the check button to insert the asterisk ' * ' which will set that as the default.
6. you change the paper type as well as paper size for the other trays in the same fashion. Most HP printers will select paper according to the SIZE as well as the TYPE. The printer can "sense" the paper size in the paper cassette tray by the stops that hold the paper. Therefore the printer will choose that paper based upon the SIZE and what you define as its type.
Posted on Feb 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2017 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 04, 2016 | HP Color LaserJet 4650DTN Printer
Sep 06, 2016 | HP Computers & Internet
May 01, 2014 | HP LaserJet 4600 Printer
Feb 07, 2011 | HP Color LaserJet 3500 Printer
Sep 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
Aug 12, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4600 Printer
Jul 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4600dn Color Printer
Mar 21, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4600 Printer
Jun 25, 2018 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
239 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!