Question about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
This error code on a WASHER indicates a keypad short on the Electronic washer Control (ERC) board.
or an over flow of water in to the panel of the washer detected by the lens reader.
However,this is the clock/timer on the operator console. The recommended fix is to replace the ERC. You can generally find replacement parts at these websites:
searspartsdirect.com pcappliancerepair.com repairclinic.com
All these sites offer great service with competitive pricing, so shop and compare.
Replacing an ERC is not a difficult repair and can be accomplished by the average do-it-yourselfer. If you decide to order the part and wish to repair this on your own, follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the range. Dangerous voltage is still present inside even with the range turned off.
2. Pull the range away from the wall and turn the unit around so you can access the rear panel.
3. Remove the screws on the back of the operator console.
4. Carefully disconnect the connector plugs to the ERC. Take note of how they are connected, so that you can reinstall them correctly.
NOTE: The connectors are usually color coded with the colors printed on the circuit board. However, if the colors are not printed on the board, write them down. (A digital camera also comes in real handy for this).
5. With the connectors removed, remove the mounting screws to the ERC and the assembly will come out.
NOTE: Most replacement ERC boards do not come with the overlay. This is the plastic pre-printed number display. The overlay can easily be peeled off and re-used. Just make sure you properly orient the overlay so that you don't inadvertently place it on the new board upside down. If your existing overlay is damaged, you will need to order separately.
6. Install new ERC using the steps provided in reverse order. Minimize handling the new circuit board with your bare hands to avoid damaging the board.
hope this solution help?
Posted on Oct 06, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2015 | Brother DCP-1510 Laser Multifunction...
Apr 19, 2011 | Dell V313w AllInOne InkJet Printer
Feb 02, 2011 | Nikon D90 Digital Camera with 18-200mm...
Nov 11, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
May 22, 2010 | Hasselblad H3DII-31 Digital Camera
Dec 11, 2009 | HP DesignJet 800 Printer
May 21, 2009 | HP DesignJet 500ps InkJet Printer
Aug 24, 2008 | GE A730 Digital Camera
Jan 23, 2008 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: