Question about Neff B1421 Electric Single Oven

1 Answer

Something went on fire behind the fan,there was a buirning smell and there was orange light coming from behind the fan. Now the oven wont heatr up

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,140 Answers

That fire and burning smell was your oven element burning out. The element is located directly behind the fan. This is why your oven will no longer heat up.

If you are going to replace the element yourself, there are some universal elements available (try eBay) much cheaper than the OEM replacement parts. You need to make sure it's the same rating though (e.g. 2000W) and is roughly the same dimensions and has the same fitting pattern.

You will also need a service manual unless you know how to get access to replace the element.

Posted on Oct 16, 2010

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Oven igniter works but oven doesnt lite. Strong smell of gas also. Stovetop works fine. Whats wrong!!!?


replace the ignitor,even though trhe ignitor glows orange its getting weak and cant pas enough current to open the gas valve to supply enough gas to fire the venturi tube,so it supplies gas but wont ignite this is where your odor is coming from

Jan 06, 2013 | Ovens

Tip

Thanks, this was very helpful and got me to open up my oven on my own and saves...


If you have had the unfortunate experience of having the igniter on your gas oven go out at the worst possible time. Then you probably are also dreading the installation of the new igniter. Do not fear the replacement really is no that hard.

The first thing that you need to do is remove the racks from your oven.

Then look around at the back of your oven for the screws that hold the bottom pan down.

Remove those screws and remove the pan. Some need to slide back and then come up others will just pull up.

Remove the heat shield that is over the burner.

Remove the bottom drawer of your oven.

Now you should be able to see the igniter that sits on an angle by the burner tubes with a couple of wires coming out of it.

Removing the screws that hold the igniter is probably the most difficult part with some ovens. Sometimes it is easier to remove the whole bracket that holds the igniter and then remove and replace the igniter out of the oven.

The wires for the igniter will go to a Molex plug. Follow the wires and undo the plug. On many units it will be below the oven in the drawer opening at the top back. You will need to lay flat on the floor and reach back in to do this.

Once you have the old igniter out then you can carefully install the new one. Hopefully when you get it out of the box it will be in one piece yet. I had to get an igniter for an oven I worked on shipped three times before I got one that was not broken.
Any dropping or banging against anything will crack that igniter. BE CAREFUL!!

Check to make sure that you can feed the Molex plug and wires down through to the bottom before fastening the igniter.

Once the igniter is secured and the plug is connected, you can then replace the other parts in the reverse order that they came out.

This all sounds difficult, but really is not that hard. Even a first timer will have it done in less then a half an hour.

on Jul 07, 2010 | Ovens

1 Answer

Hi i have a westinghouse electric oven and over the past few weeks i have noticed a bad odur that smells like mouldy water / something rotten, I have cleaned the oven twice, i can smell this odur when the...


Is there any chance that you have a dead mouse ? Over the years I have seen that many times.They seem to like building a nest in the insulation.

Jun 12, 2011 | Ovens

1 Answer

Belling oven xou592 bottom fan oven not heating up fully. Fan works and orange thermostat light on but does not heat up. Before this happened it tripped mcb in consumer unit.


You need to fit a new oven element.
This is located at the rear of the oven behind a removeable cover, where the fan is
It is a fairly straightforward job to replace.
Hope trhis helps with your problem.

Dec 15, 2009 | Belling XOU592 / XOU593 Electric Double...

1 Answer

Glow plug comes on and smell gas but no fire


That is a bad gas valve. Need too change it out. The glow bar is working but the valve is not opening.

Sep 02, 2009 | Tappan 30IN ELEC IGNa Oven

1 Answer

NEFF OVEN PROBLEM - SMOKE AND FUMES COMING OUT OF OVEN


Take the cover off that is surrounding the fan and you will probably find food or something there or on the fan blades. If it is not a food smell, then there is probably some wiring that is burning. I suspect that there is food behind the housing of the fan.

Feb 02, 2009 | Ovens

1 Answer

Smoking Fan Assisted Oven


Is the smell a food smell or other smell. If it is food, then some food has gotten behind the blower motor. Clean behind it good. Even some small particles have gotten in there somehow. You can also feel thye sufaces of the oven and tell if there is some buildup.

Jan 20, 2009 | Smeg SE399X/5 Stainless Steel Electric...

1 Answer

Gas oven will not ignite


It sounds like somebody bypassed the flame sensor on the oven, no oven should ever release gas for more than a couple seconds if there is no ignition. This oven is very dangerous and should not be used until it is looked at by a professional.

Dec 19, 2008 | Ovens

2 Answers

Oven gas


For safety purposes call gas technician to check your gas pipe. If stove turn off supposed not to smell gas.

Jul 23, 2008 | Frigidaire FGB24S5A Gas Single Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Neff B1421 Electric Single Oven Logo

320 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Neff Ovens Experts

ashburton

Level 3 Expert

417 Answers

Samyfam
Samyfam

Level 3 Expert

379 Answers

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

4861 Answers

Are you a Neff Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...