- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In the case there is no DRUM FG input in the
drum rotation mode for 4 seconds or more. This
error is defined as [E04], and the mechanism
mode is shifted to STOP with the pinch roller
1. The drum cannot be started or drum rotation is stopped
because tape transport load is too high.
1) Tape tension is extremely high.
2) The tape is damaged or soiled with grease, etc.
2. The DRUM FG signal is not received by the syscon
1) Disconnection in the middle of the signal line.
2) Failure of the DRUM FG pulse generator (hall element).
3. No drum control voltage is supplied to the MDA.
4. No power is supplied to the DRUM MDA.
"JVC notes that you are also given a malfunction code when the unit is placed into safeguard. If it displays code 01, 02, or 06 you should remove the battery and powersupply and wait for a while. Code 03 and 04 indicate that you should eject and reinsert the tape.
If neither of these solutions work, your only alternative is to bring it to a shop or send it to JVC for diagnosis or repair. Unfortunately, there is no other way to clear the condition."
If you are getting E03 or E04 errors on every tape you try, it sounds like a servicing is required.
Plug in yourcord to a usb port. go to my computer and select the drive that the camera is pluged into. Then highlight the picture files and right click. a pull dow will show you rhe other drives, select C drive and poof they are gone to c drive. If it asks you where on c drive select my pictures
In the case no REEL FG is produced for 4 seconds
or more in the capstan rotation mode after
loading was complete, the mechanism mode
is shifted to STOP with the pinch roller set off.
This error is defined as [E03].
However, no REEL EMG is detected in the
1. The idler gear does not engage with the reel disk well.
2. Though the idler gear and reel disk are engaged with
each other, the tape is not wound because of overload
to the mechanism.
3. No FG pulse is output from the reel sensor.
4. No power is supplied to the reel sensor.
5. Tape transport operation takes place with a cassette
having no tape inside.
6. The tape slackens and no pulse is produced until the
slack is taken up and the tape comes into the normal