Receipt printer TM-U220 not working
After looking at the description of this printer, the following suggestions:
1. This uses an external power supply- is the printer power indicator lit? If not, then perhaps the external power supply is dead, or the connection where it plugs into the printer is broken. Sometimes the connector can itself be broken, or where it solders onto the circuit board, causing a dead condition. A break in the wire also.
2. If printer is getting power- check the paper path for something foreign lodged- a torn piece of paper etc.
3. There should be a paper present sensor somewhere also, which checks if the unit is out of paper. There is possibly a lever which contacts the paper- check if this lever is broken or stuck.
4. You could try printer on a different computer, to narrow the problem to either the printer or to the computer/cash register.
5. Have you checked the software? Is printer properly setup (drivers), and set as the default printer? Does a printjob appear in the queue?
Lastly, there could be a problem with the electronics, which would require technical repair, or replacement of the unit.
Sep 11, 2007 |
Epson TM-U220 Matrix Printer