Question about Dryers
This is a sure sign you have airflow problems in your dryer.
1. Check all of the ducting from the lint filter.... all the way THROUGH the outside wall for signs of blockage / ANY lint build up.
2. Check airflow at the dryer exit by removing the duct connection. The airflow should push a relaxed hand away from the dryer vent connection.
a. If it does not do this the problem can be
1) Excessive lint inside the dryer ducting
2) Lint filter clogged with dryer fabric sheet material (wash with vinegar and water then soap and water)
3) Area around lint filter blocked / restricted by lint
4). Broken blower wheel.
Until you resolve this problem: I highly recommend you stop using your dryer as it really can catch fire.
Thanks for choosing FixYa
Posted on Oct 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 20, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
Apr 22, 2016 | BaByliss Dryers
Sep 15, 2014 | Kenmore Whirlpool Dryer Gew9868kq0 Light...
Aug 05, 2012 | Dryers
Sep 20, 2009 | GE Spacemaker Washer and Dryer Electric...
Jun 18, 2009 | Frigidaire FEB27S5A Electric Single Oven
Apr 15, 2009 | Frigidaire Electric Dryer
Dec 11, 2008 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Oct 19, 2017 | Dryers
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!