Question about Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
I had the same problem. This mouse came with my Acer Revo which was still under warranty. Tech support basically says to check the obvious (batteries, USB connection, RF interference). Their obviously canned answer goes on to detail a manual reconnect procedure that does not apply to this model. And when all else fails, get a new mouse.
This is what Acer tech support emailed me:
If you are experiencing issues with your wireless mouse not working properly, perform the following steps to troubleshoot the wireless mouse.
1) Ensure that the receiver is 8-inches from other electrical devices. Avoid placing the cordless devices on metallic surfaces.
2) Verify that the USB connector from the receiver is properly plugged into a USB port on the computer. Try plugging the receiver into a different USB port to ensure that the USB port is working properly.
3) Remove the batteries and then reinsert the batteries into the mouse, making sure that the battery polarities are correct.
4) Test the batteries to ensure that they still have a charge.
5) Try the manual connect procedure.
Manual connect procedure:
1) Press and release the Connect button on the receiver.
2) Within 30 seconds, press and release the Connect button on the mouse.
If the issue persists, we can replace your computer's wireless mouse.
We will ship the new wireless mouse within 3-5 business days.
Before placing an order for wireless mouse we would like to confirm the following.
1) Complete shipping address:
2) email address:
3) phone number:
In order to place an order for wireless mouse, the computer must be registered.
Posted on Feb 24, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2014 | Acer Computers & Internet
Mar 04, 2013 | Aspire Acer 7520-5071 Notebook
Sep 25, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Sep 14, 2011 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Sep 04, 2011 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Oct 20, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Jul 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 23, 2010 | Logitech Cordless Mouse
May 05, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Dec 17, 2009 | Acer Aspire T135 PC Desktop
1,757 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!