An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Lights come on and makes a clicking sound when I push...
Try checking your fuse box or circuit breaker panel first.The dryer requires 2-30 amp fuses to operate normally...replace both fuses instead of gussing which 1 is bad. OR, the dryer uses a double pole 30 amp circuit breaker...Flip it to OFF then back to ON. Then try your dryer and if it works you can send me flowers...just kidding! If it doesn't work, write me back and we will do some more soul searching.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it didn't do that before removing the capacitor & wires then I would assume it is something you have done wrong. Maybe put a wire back in wrong place. There is a wiring diagram on back of dryer. Motor not starting could be the capacitor, you really need to test it with a capacitor tester. It may also be the motor bearings seizing up. If motor is tight to turn when belt is off then it will be time for a new dryer. Too expensive to replace the motor on such an old dryer.
my dryer worked fine before xmas but washed a load of clothes and temped to put clothes in dryer and put it on right settings and pushed button to start it and nothing. We tried the breaker and shut everything down for about 5mins. and started it back up and tried the dryer again and still nothing had friend look at it and looked online and I think it maybe the start button myself.
A quarter was lodged on the thermal fuse , located below the lint screen on the blower exhaust housing, on our dryer. Remove the front lower panel , 2 screw, and you'll see 2 fuses. I suspect that our control board is burnt.
it sounds like a shorted heater element, this would also cause the heat to stay on at 110 volts which would make the clothes very hot since the element doesn't completely shut down. if it is a loud hum it could be a stuck motor switch but in this case the dryer usually won't start.