Question about RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The setting for the Computer 1, use the network connection wizard to automatically configure the modem to work as a server station. Next, set the IP number manually and the DNS at automatic or is given by your ISP. Now the Computer 2 (workstation) should be connected to a Hub/Switch. The same, go to network connection wizard and select the appropriate connection setting, there are view samples for the connection types so explore them. After the setup, try loading your internet browser.... When done, it should work fine. Keep me posted for any problems.
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
First try connection the Yellow ethernet cable from the rca modem to your computer's network connection. If you get a connection this way, then your modem will work with a ethernet cable. If not, then call Comcast for help. The modem ethernet out to computer port must be connected to the wan line of the router. Then you can connect an ethernet cable from your computer network connection to one of the 4 ports of the router. For wireless connections you must set up the router and wireless adaptor with the same settings to connect. Follow the routers directions.
Posted on Jul 16, 2009
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL
3. Enter the router setup login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WAP2
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2011 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Jan 07, 2011 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Sep 29, 2010 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Jun 19, 2010 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Nov 14, 2009 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Jun 16, 2008 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
Jun 13, 2008 | Arris SURFboard SB5120 Modem
Nov 14, 2007 | RCA DCM425 DIGITAL CABLE MODEM (RCADCM425)
298 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!