Question about Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32FS120 32" TV
The 2 blinks indicate an over-current condition. Basically that means that there is a shorted component inside the set. My first inclination is to check the horizontal output transistor as that is the most common failure part. Figure on the part costing between $10-$20. Add in the local labor rate for the total repair cost. If you can solder and are confortable workin g with eleectronics, you can repair this yourself. The Horizontal Output Transistor (HOT) is located close to the flyback transformer (part with large red wire coming out the top) and is attached to a heat sink. It has 3 legs. It may be marked C5638 or something similar. Post hte marking here and I'll give you the part number.
Posted on May 28, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2016 | Toshiba CX36F85 36" TV
Jan 01, 2011 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS120 27" TV
10812, 10060, 10702, 10178, 10030, 11959, 11632, 11575, 11060, 10814, 10766, 10587, 10482, 10427, 10408, 10329, 10217, 10056, 10032, 10019
1. Turn on the TV
NOTE: Please read steps 2 to 4 completely before proceeding. Highlight or write down the codes and device you wish to program before moving on to step 2.
2. Press and hold SETuntil the Red Light blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Locate the code for your device in Manufacturer's Codes on the back of this user guide. Brands are listed in alphabetical order with the most popular codes listed first.
4. Enter the first five-digit code for your TV. If you perform this procedure correctly, the Red Light will blink twice
NOTE: If you enter an invalid code, the red light will display one long blink and exit the programming mode. Repeat steps 2 to 5 with a valid code.
5. Aim the remote control at your TV and press Power once. The device should turn off. If it does not respond, repeat steps 2 to 4, trying each code listed for your brand until you find one that works. If it still does not work, try Searching For Your Code.
6. For future reference, write your code below.
Nov 27, 2010 | Samsung DynaFlat TX-P2764 27" TV
Oct 06, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-32HS510 32" TV
Sep 20, 2009 | Samsung DLP HL-P5663W 56" TV
Sep 02, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-20FS120 20" TV
Jul 20, 2009 | Sony KV-40XBR700 40" TV
Mar 23, 2008 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36HS510 36" TV
Feb 13, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 16, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS120 36" TV
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: