you must have email account, also the POP address, and the SMTP with your username and password ready
Set up email account
1. Select Menu > Messaging > Email > Settings > New account > Add.
2. Enter a name for the email account, for example, Home or Office. Select OK.
3. Select Connect using > Edit and select the data account you created earlier to use with this email
4. Select Email address > Edit. Enter your email address. Select OK.
5. Select Connection type > Edit. Select POP3 or IMAP4. POP3 is the most common.
6. Select Incoming server > Edit. Enter the name or the IP address for the incoming server. Select OK.
7. Select Username > Edit. Enter the incoming server username. Select OK.
8. Select Password > Edit. Enter the incoming server password and select OK. Leave this blank if you
want to be asked for the password each time you check new mail.
9. Select Outgoing server > Edit. Enter the name or the IP address of the SMTP server you use to send
email messages. Select OK.
10. Select Advanced settings.
11. Select Your name (not mandatory) > Edit. Enter your name and select OK. This will appear in outgoing
12. Select Signature (not mandatory) > Edit. Create a signature to add to your email messages and
13. Select Download S&R. Choose what to download when receiving new email messages:
• Subjects only – receive information such as sender and subject before downloading the whole email.
• Up to size limit – receive the whole email. Select Size limit to set the maximum size to download
when receiving new email messages.
• Subjects & text – Only for IMAP4 users. Receive the subject and text but not attached files.
14. Select Check interval (not mandatory). Choose how often you want the phone to connect to your
email server and check for incoming email messages.
15. Select Push email. Only for IMAP4 users. Select On for full email notification functionality or Off to
disable the functionality. See Using push email for full email notification functionality on page 7.
16. Select Allow connection > Edit. Select Any network or Home network.
17. Select Copy outgoing (not mandatory) > Edit. Select On if you want email messages sent from your
phone to be sent to an additional email address of your choice. This way your sent messages are
copied and can be saved for future reference.
18. Select Encryption > Edit. Choose whether your email messages should be encrypted.
19. Select Outgoing. username. If requested, select Edit enter the outgoing server username.
20. Select Outgoing. password. If requested, select Edit enter the outgoing server password.
21. Select Incoming port. If needed, change the port for the protocol you are using.
22. Select Outgoing port. If needed, change the port for the SMTP protocol.
and the other is
To write and send an email message
1. Select Menu > Messaging > Email > Write new.
2. Select To: to add recipients and select Add. There are three ways to add an intro sentence:
• Select Enter email address. to enter an email address.
• Select Contacts look-up to retrieve a recipient from Contacts.
• Select an email address from the last used recipients.
3. To add more recipients, select To: > Edit select Cc or Bcc and select recipients to add. When finished
selecting recipients select Done.
4. Select Subject: to write the subject.
5. Select Text: to write the text.
6. Select Attachments: and select the attachment to add. Add more attachments the same way.
7. Select Continue.
8. Select Send to send the message or More to view options.
To receive and read email messages
1. Select Menu > Messaging > Email > Inbox.
• Select Send&rec when the inbox is empty or
• Select More > Send & receive to download new messages.
2. Select a message and select View to read it.
To reply to an email message
1. Select Menu > Messaging > Email > Inbox. Select an email message in the inbox. Select More
> Reply and select:
• Yes – to include the original message in your reply or
• No – to exclude the original message.
2. Write your message select OK > Continue.
3. Select Send to send the message or More to view option
Mar 08, 2010 |
Sony Ericsson W350A Cell Phone