Question about Bissell 1698 PowerSteamer ProHeat Upright Wet/Dry Vacuum
First is the smart mix valve turning like it should? If it is then replace the soap dispensor. Also is the gasket on the valve at the bottom of the bottle?
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
We are sorry about the issues you've run into.
This link gives detailed troubleshooting instructions for you: http://www.bissell.com/FAQDetail.aspx?id=1122&icid=ccrr
And this video shows easy maintenance items: http://www.bissell.com/how-to-videos/proheat-2x-machine/care/?icid=ccrr
If your machine continues to not spray, please take it to a BISSELL Authorized Service Center for warranty repairs. If you are experiencing difficulties other than no spray, the technician will let you know the cost for those repairs if your machine is outside of the one year warranty timeframe. You can locate a BISSELL Authorized Service Center at this link: http://www.bissell.com/service-centers/?zip=Enter%20your%20zip%20code&distance=50&icid=ccrr
One pointer that can help between uses is running water through the lines. First, put clean water in both tanks and set your unit to the heavy traffic setting for one pass. This will flush out any cleaning formula in the lines so your spray tips won't get build-up between uses, which can lead to a lack of dispensing the cleaning formula.
Jun 27, 2012 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Please check the following with liquid in both tanks.
- Check to see if the machine will spray through the hose with the setting on tools. If it does, the pump is fine. Continue troubleshooting.
- Check for debris on spray tips. Clean them with a soft brush (on old tooth brush works well). The spray tips may be lifted out for easier access.
- Ensure the tank lid is properly attached to the bottom of the tank. To attach this properly, remove the Water Tank from the machine. Hook the front window onto the lip of the bottom container and then allow the window with lid to cover the complete tank. Secure the latch on the back of the bottom tank to the back of the tank lid. THE TANK LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE BOTTOM TANK IS ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE MACHINE.
- Check the bottom of the Water Tank and the Formula Tank to make sure each has a red auto-load gasket attached. Make sure the Water Tank and the Formula Tank are seated properly. Depress the x on this gasket to ensure this depresses and release back out. Liquid from the tank should dispense.
- Remove the handle completely and re-attach. Once the handle is re-attached, re-attempt to spray.
If the machine continues to not spray, check the following:
REMOVE THE COLLECTION TANK:
• Make sure the unit is set to water rinse
• Remove the smart mix bottle and fill it with water only
• Place the smart mix bottle into the collection tank reservoir
• Run the unit and try to spray. If the machine sprays, you will be able to see the water level decreasing in the smart mix bottle and you will need to replace the bottom tank. It is possibly warped.
If these suggestions do not resolve the issue contact BISSELL Consumer Services.
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Sep 27, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Aug 25, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Aug 13, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Jun 06, 2010 | Bissell 1699 ProHeat Clear View Upright...
Aug 08, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Jul 29, 2009 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Apr 01, 2009 | Bissell 7901-1 ProHeat Scotchgard Upright...
Oct 20, 2008 | Bissell 9200 Upright Vacuum
768 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: