Why does my internet freeze? what can I do
If your computer as a whole is freezing, then you have to check for viruses / malware.
But, if it is only your internet that freezes up, then try resetting your Internet Explorer.
I am presuming that you are using Internet Explorer 7 or 8, as your browser.
To reset Internet Explorer (IE) :-
1. Open Internet Explorer .
2. Click Tools, and then click Delete Browsing History.
3. In Delete Browsing History, click Delete All.
4. Click to select the Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons
check box, and then click OK.
5. Switch to the Security tab.
6. Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK.
7. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
8. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
9. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the default settings, click
Close, and then click OK .
10. Uncheck Enable third-party browser extensions option in the Settings box
11. Close Internet Explorer . The changes take effect the next time that
you open Internet Explorer .
Try to reset IE, as explained above.
Even after resetting IE, if IE still freezes, then there may be some viruses / malware on your computer.
Oct 10, 2010 |