Question about Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Web Camera
I have the same prob with same webcam,
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
Iv got the same problem :/
Posted on Sep 07, 2008
This is going to sound like a silly but my webcam has one on it. Does you web cam have a shield on it to prevent viewing?
Posted on Jun 09, 2008
When I try to broadcast on my webcam, I keep seeing a black screen. It is installed and everything. Philips Webcam (SPC110NC)
Posted on Oct 05, 2008
here is a link to test your web cam with yahoo messenger.
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
generally the webcams need more light than the normal cameras try using a good light source to from behind the camera
also the lense on the camera if is moveable then try to rotate it a bit on both sides for a proper focus of the image
also if it comes with a software to capture the video or pictures from the camera try stopping it first then try connect to YM and you would be able to broadcast the video
pls rate if this was any help
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
you have to setup your webcam in order for yahoo messenger to use it. click on "Messenger -> My webcam"...just follow the instructions
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
Make sure you are not using the camera with any other application.
Change the screen resolution of your computer to 800 X 600
Reboot the computer
It should work normally.
Thank you for choosing Fixya
Posted on Dec 27, 2009
Follow the instructions below and it will work.
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall the CD or Downloaded software program.
When the program asks you to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Then to use it on the Web, do this.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the
camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype (http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/beta/downloading/) set it up as follows:
1. Go to Tools, then Options, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and
Speakers to the computer Audio Card.
2. Then click on the Video Settings.
3. The camera if Installed Properly will come up and show a video picture.
4. Then, on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now be able to
see and her to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger
set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it.
2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it.
3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the
computer Audio Card.
4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call
setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
C. Windows Live Messenger:
1. After you start Windows Live Messenger, expand the view by clicking on the square on
top left next to the red X.
2. Then on the Windows Live messenger window on the right side, click on “ “Show Menus.”
And then click on “Show the Menu Bar”.
3. Next go to the Menu Bar on right side, click on “ “Action.”
4. Go to “TOOLS” and click “Audio and Video Setting” and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Your audio and video should work. Enjoy.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or
friends you are connected to.
D. AIM (AOL) Messenger
1. On the VIM sign-in window click on Edit.
2. Then click on Settings Enhanced IM.
3. Next click on Enhanced IM.
4. Then click on Audio Video.
5. The Audio and Video portion has drop downs so you can select the proper audio card and
video camera installed in you computer.
The Audi Video drop downs are
Adjust Your Audio and Video Settings:
In order to adjust your audio and video settings, please follow the steps given below:
1. Click the Audio and Video Settings button directly below the My Buddy or My Camera window.
If you are currently participating in an AOL Live Video IM session, a message will display:
You must disconnect the current AOL Live Video IM conversation before running setup. Would you
like to disconnect now? Click the Yes button.
2. The Audio and Video Tuning Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers
and microphone are working properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· The first time you use AOL Live Video IM, a message will display: Would you like to
first check your audio and video settings? Click the Yes button. The Audio and Video Tuning
Wizard will appear to help you verify that your camera, speakers and microphone are working
properly. Follow the on-screen prompts.
· images in AOL Live Video IM may appear reversed, or as a mirror image (text may
appear backwards) when you look at your own camera feed or at the picture-in-picture (PIP) display.
After making the settings your ready for a chat and video talk with your Family and Friends.
After you get your camera installed properly, DO NOT unplug it from the USB port as it will
cause the drivers to be corrupt and render the camera unusable till reinstalled it properly.
Hope this helps. Bud
Posted on Jan 10, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2014 | Chicony TwinkleCam DC2110 Webcam
May 29, 2009 | Logitech Webcam
Dec 01, 2008 | Trust SpaceCam 100 Webcam
Nov 16, 2008 | Webcams
Sep 06, 2008 | Creative Labs WebCam Live!
2,373 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!