Hi. I just received this scanner (Microtek ScanMaker 3800). There is a yellow streak that appears down the length of the right side of scanned images. I took the scanner apart and cleaned the glass inside and out, but this didn't remove streak.
Do I need to clean the mirror on the side where the streak appears?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can download: ScanWizard 5 version 6.63
Extract to folder on desktop.
1. Plug in your Scanner
2. Go to Control Panel (Windows 7 - 64 and 32 bit)
3. Go to Device Manager
4. Go to Imaging devices (or Other devices)
5. Find what windows have installed Right Click
6. Update Driver Software..
7. Click - Browse my computer for driver software
8. Click - Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
9. Click - Have Disk
10. Browse to your desktop or position where you extracted 6.63, point to "....drv_sw5_v6_63_ad\Disk1\Vista\AMD64\..." Pick any of INF files I picked first
11. You will see 4800 Scanner and USB 2.0 Scanner, I picked first 4800 then USB 2.0 and both works.
I managed before to do it with simple install but well, it works .. ;)
Try placing your paper at different places on the scan bed. Also if you have fluorescent lights on nearby turn them off.
Also is your driver compatiible with your OS?
Did you recnently upgrade anythin?