Question about Garden
Hi Nick and welcome to FixYa. I am Kelly
If your starting from scratch do this:
1. First off completely remove the jets one at a time and inspect for a point on the end of the jet. If one of the points is missing it is stuck in the body of the carb and will have to be removed. (I have had to replace carbs because of this due to the fact the piont proke off in the body and could not get the broken piece out of the carb body)
2. Re install each jet and screw it in until it reaches the closed position until they just stop moving DO NOT over tighten.
3. Open each jet 1.5 turns from closed
4. Start the chain saw and accelerate to max speed
5. Adjust the high jet so that under no load it no longer sputters / misses
6. Let unit return to idle
7. As soon as it reaches idle accerate to full throttle again
a. Repeat the return to idle and accelerate process and adjust the low jet setting so that the chainsaw does not hesitate when you rapidly accelerate the engine.
8. Adjust the idle speed so that the chain saw idles but does not rotate the chain.
That is pretty much 2 jet / 2 cycle carb adjustment 101.
Make sure you have the air filter installed when making final adjustments as air filters can cause it to perform differently when installed vs removed especially if the filter is not clean.
Make MINOR 1/8 th turn or less adjustments as your going through the adjustment process!
Thanks for choosing FixYa.
Posted on Oct 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2015 | Garden
Oct 10, 2014 | Garden
Jul 23, 2014 | Homelite Garden
Jun 17, 2011 | Garden
Sep 13, 2010 | Garden
Jan 28, 2010 | Air Tools & Compressors
Nov 10, 2009 | Poulan Pro 16-Inch 38 cc Anti-Vibration...
Mar 12, 2009 | McCulloch Garden
625 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!