Question about Computers & Internet
This issue could be a firmware issue. May need an updatee
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox)
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model router
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the roo
Posted on Oct 04, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 08, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 04, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 13, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 12, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 09, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 19, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 08, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Nov 16, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Oct 05, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Aug 31, 2008 | Linksys (WIFIDESKTOP) Wireless Adapter
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: