It is my pleasure to guide you.
These steps will take you through the process of replacement and alignment.
HP PSC 2175 All-In-One InkJet Printer
1. Turn on the unit, then open the print-carriage access door by lifting the
handle until the door locks into place. The print carriage moves to the center of the unit.
2. After the carriage stops moving, lift the latch to release the print cartridge, then pull it toward you out of its slot.
3. If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print cartridge, store it in the print cartridge protector.
4. Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape.
Caution! Do not touch the copper contacts or ink nozzles.
5. Push the new print cartridge into the appropriate slot until it clicks into place. The tri-color print cartridge goes on the left and the black or photo print cartridge goes on the right.
6. Pull the end of the latch toward you, press down until it stops, and then release. Make sure the latch catches below the bottom tabs.
7. Close the print-carriage access door.
align the print cartridges
The HP PSC prompts you to align cartridges every time you install or replace a print cartridge.
Aligning the cartridges ensures high-quality output.
To align the print cartridges when prompted:
1. Press Enter on the front panel. A page of patterns is printed. The cartridges are aligned correctly. Recycle or discard the page.
To align the cartridges at any other time:
1. Press Setup.
2. Press 2, then press 2.
This selects Maintenance, and then selects Align Print Cartridges.
A page of patterns is printed. The cartridges are aligned correctly. Recycle or discard the page.
I found the manual for this printer, if you do not have it already. If you wish to download it click or copy this link
Good luck and please post back that you are successful and give thumbs up if my solution has worked for you. If I can be more helpful just reply.